• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have agreed to take a dental bunny U/D neuter and dental done

Sarah

Mama Doe
Let's hope I last a bit eh?!

A double maned lionhead with malocclusion - a lady who works in my local garden centre (and knows I have buns) asked if I would take him as he is "unsellable". The shop have had his teeth clipped :evil: but are not willing to spend any more on him.

Soooo I am picking him up tomorrow and hopefully my vets will sort him out. He is the image of one of my rabbits too - no money will be exchanging hands and I get a free bag of food :evil:

Better eat some blueberries :lol:

Last edited:
Let's hope I last a bit eh?!

A double maned lionhead with malocclusion - a lady who works in my local garden centre (and knows I have buns) asked if I would take him as he is "unsellable". The shop have had his teeth clipped :evil: but are not willing to spend any more on him.

Soooo I am picking him up tomorrow and hopefully my vets will sort him out. He is the image of one of my rabbits too - no money will be exchanging hands and I get a free bag of food :evil:

Better eat some blueberries :lol:

.........washed down with a double green tea !!

How wonderful for Bunny that you are taking him on. I dread to think what may have become of him otherwise :cry:

Yes he is the only one left - is very very fluffy and covered in shavings :(.

Have mushrooms in the fridge Jane :lol:

Yes he is the only one left - is very very fluffy and covered in shavings :(.

Have mushrooms in the fridge Jane :lol:

Well he has landed on his paws with you :love:

Better get a padlock for your fridge as those mushrooms cant be allowed to escape :shock:

He will be the fifth dental bun I have had over the years - Santa died aged 2 in 2004 after numerous dentals and Sweetpea died on the operating table after a dental :( but Bentley and Sooty lived a normal lifespan despite their lack of teefs.

I swear my vets do a happy dance when they see me coming :lol:

Good for you :thumb: If it's just the front teeth that are a problem that's a lot more manageable than the back teeth.

That is very sad about Sweetpea and Santa. GA's are always a worry with small animals.

Last year Mr B had 5 or 6, maybe it was 7 dentals. There were getting closer and closer, 7 weeks apart. Lost count. Now he hasn't needed one in over 4 months.

We don't talk about vet bills, just shove the receipts into the filing cabinet. ;)

He will be the fifth dental bun I have had over the years - Santa died aged 2 in 2004 after numerous dentals and Sweetpea died on the operating table after a dental :( but Bentley and Sooty lived a normal lifespan despite their lack of teefs.

I swear my vets do a happy dance when they see me coming :lol:

Lol :)

Well done for taking this fur Baby in :) x

Well done for taking on this bunny
I sadly will never take a dental bunny on again.... the bills for mine are ridiculous
Should one aquire dental issues, thats diferent but ive had dentals every four / five weeks since getting some and 1: its expensive and 2: its so stressful, I sometimes feel I cant cope any more :(
Good luck xx

That is very sad about Sweetpea and Santa. GA's are always a worry with small animals.

Last year Mr B had 5 or 6, maybe it was 7 dentals. There were getting closer and closer, 7 weeks apart. Lost count. Now he hasn't needed one in over 4 months.

We don't talk about vet bills, just shove the receipts into the filing cabinet. ;)

Gosh that's a lot - glad he has not needed one for a bit :love:

I never add vet bills up - and I run away when they try and print off a receipt :lol:

I didn't ask what would happen to him otherwise - possibly best not to.

Well done for taking on this bunny
I sadly will never take a dental bunny on again.... the bills for mine are ridiculous
Should one aquire dental issues, thats diferent but ive had dentals every four / five weeks since getting some and 1: its expensive and 2: its so stressful, I sometimes feel I cant cope any more :(
Good luck xx

I know what you mean. I'd never take on a poorly bunny for the same reasons. I feel guilty about this, but after Dexy, I just couldn't go through that again. Obviously if my buns fell sick, I'd do anything & everything for them, but I wouldn't knowingly bring home a poorly bunny :(

Well done to you for taking this little guy on! He sounds adorable :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just collected this little bun - he is very sweet and fuzzy :love: teeth are fairly grim and were apparently growing out of his mouth but have been clipped (don't like clipping). He is booked in for neutering and a dental next Thursday. I can't see any other solution but extraction but opinions welcome!! Bentley had his teeth burred with great success but that was by a different vet

Anyhoo - meet Bear (as OH said gummy Bear - men eh?! :evil:

null_zps0fb40900.jpg

And his teefs - not a very good pic.

null_zps428be31c.jpg

He is a fluffy boy :love: so glad he is with someone who knows how to care for him, hope his teefs don't cause too much of a problem :)

Oh little teefs!

He's one lucky bun!

Sending 'no more sorely mowf' vibes and 'sit still Bear because Mummy needs to groom you lots' vibes.

xxx

Back