• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit advertised for sale at work!

Rexripley

Mama Doe
we have classified emails that go out to the business, usually its for looking for rooms to rent/car share etc but this one came through today

3 year old White Rabbit complete with really good Hutch, not getting enough attention since puppy arrived.
Friendly male and has been neutered
£60 ono

:(

we have classified emails that go out to the business, usually its for looking for rooms to rent/car share etc but this one came through today

3 year old White Rabbit complete with really good Hutch, not getting enough attention since puppy arrived.
Friendly male and has been neutered
£60 ono

:(

We had a similar thing in my work a while back. A 6 month old giant. Someone had got bored of their rabbit by the time it was 6 months old :( everyone was saying 'ahh look what a cute rabbit' and I got mad that it was being sold in that way.

So frustrating isn't it

I don't get it, why do all other animals become redundant once a puppy arrives :? Not in all cases of course but it seems to be a common thing on the free ads etc.

Most people I speak to when I say I have rabbits say "why not just get a dog, theyre better"
Now I love dogs and love my mums dog to bits, but I'm not in enough or have the time to look after one.

Dogs aren't an "upgraded" pet like some people seem to think

My friends got a dog... the bunny was classed as a second class citizen and when i got the bunny and dog a christmas pressie each... They said, why did you get the rabbit something, "its only a rabbit!"..

if i hear that expression once more....:censored:

The dog replacing the rabbit is sooo common because parents get a rabbit because the kid thinks it's a cuddly pet they realise it isn't and they *put up with it* until puppy comes along and it's cuddly and cute and they think now this is what they wanted and leave poor bunny all alone :(

Poor bun bun :cry:
People make me insane. :evil: I haven't given my rabbits the heave ho because I've added two dogs to my household. With a family like that the bun is better off elsewhere...of course if the kids get a pony next week because the puppy was too much trouble it will be in the ads soon. :evil:

Yes I've noticed there seems to be some kind of pet hierarchy too. Dogs & cats seem to be at the top with fish at the bottom then small fluffies like hamsters then bunnies & guinea pigs. When I lost Dexy, people were shocked I wasn't over him after a couple of days and I actually had someone a week later tell me to forget him as I had a new rabbit now! :evil::censored:

I also see a lot of pets for sale because of pregnancy/new baby. If you wanted kids, why get the pet in the first place? (I understand there can be genuine reasons as well, not including those)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back