• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ashleigh vets do out of hours emergency cover now

That's awesome :thumb:

that was posted early last year. makes sense now when bisc and matt stayed because they said they were in the hospital intensive card 'ward' and i couldn't go to see them there and they brought them out to see me in a room.

i always worry what i would do in a genuine emergency because the emergency vets they used were just as far for us, and the closest to us is awful and not somewhere i would trust to look after any of my pets.

i'm surprised they haven't done this sooner actually because they would be excellent as a 24 hour vets. :thumb:

just realised - when matt was ill that night, it was 5am he started to refuse syringe feeds and i was torn whether to go to the emergency vets or not. because they wouldn't have let bisc stay with him, and i knew that would be devastating for them both, i decided to wait and get to ashleighs when they opened at 8am to have him admitted. but they were already open for emergencies. :cry: i wish i had known. :cry: i don't think it would have saved matt as he was just too poorly, but at least he would have been made comfortable sooner. :cry:

i think this emergency cover is available if you phone in advance when they are open. :( we rang when they were closed (forgot :oops:) and it went to the answerphone. good there is 24 hour care now.

just to update this - they are open all the time now for emergencies, and you ring a mobile number to the vet on call. they have a team there 24/7 to look after emergency and hospitalised cases. really good news as i don't trust any of the emergency vets around here. :thumb:

Back