• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on Tims op

moi

Mama Doe
So this morning he had his cyst and testicles removed. The salaviary tissue was swollen under the right side of his tongue and was close to the mass of the cyst so they removed that. The cyst was the size of a golf ball. He's looking a bit grumpy bless him but he's eaten, pooped and moved about. I'm not looking forward to syring feeding the metacam tomorrow :( x

It sounds as if he is doing well after having a cyst that size out, as well as his neuter. :thumb:

Good luck with the metacam. My Spenser is awful to medicate so I can sympathise. Some bunnies like metacam though, so you might be lucky.

Thanks peeps. He still managed to kick and scratch thid morning so he's got his strength back! But he did take the metacam no probs, and when we got to the recovery food he took a little then bit the end off the pipette. He's not eaten any of his pellets but he has munched some hay and the green top of a carrot x

What a brave bunny he is. Hopefully he will be back to pellets soon, but it's good that he took the metacam and has had some hay. :thumb:

I got home from work and opened his cage, he hopped around for a bit and is now sitting under the table. He is still off his pellets but has eaten some more carrot top and brocoli x

I got home from work and opened his cage, he hopped around for a bit and is now sitting under the table. He is still off his pellets but has eaten some more carrot top and brocoli x

They are sending away the cyst for analisis x

Hes a tough cookie! Hes eaten a few pellets, some veg, some hay, and had a little hop around. And tried to get into the living room while no one was in there :) x

Well done Tim. Keep up the munching ... not too much mischief. ;)

Well done Tim. Keep up the munching ... not too much mischief. ;)

He has really proven to be a tough little character, and hes no longer cross with me. He let me stroke his head and he kept nudging me while Iwas sat down eating my dinner.

We had a tough start with Timmy. He seemed so aggressive, distructive and uncontrollable. But hes settled into just being a naughty bun. Still aggressive if you have to pick him up but that's just his way x

Hope Tim continues to be in good form today. My rabbit hates being picked up, and will bite if I hold him for longer than he considers acceptable (ie. about 20 seconds). It's natural for rabbits to prefer all four paws on the ground, but nice for us owners when they show a little more affection with thier nudges for attention. :love:

Hope Tim continues to be in good form today. My rabbit hates being picked up, and will bite if I hold him for longer than he considers acceptable (ie. about 20 seconds). It's natural for rabbits to prefer all four paws on the ground, but nice for us owners when they show a little more affection with thier nudges for attention. :love:

Hes been binkying :) And this morning while giving him his meds he oinched the syringe and ran off with it! lol x

Hes been binkying :) And this morning while giving him his meds he oinched the syringe and ran off with it! lol x

He is amazing! My Spenser milked his recovery from a straightforward neuter for about a week. :oops:

Any photos of Tim? :wave:

Back