• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

History repeating itself? I hope not.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm hoping the signs we're seeing in Angel are not going to go lead to the same result as they did Sky. It's terrifying.

I hope it's not a case of like father, like son.

I'm feeling very woeful about life, sorry.

Looks like an allergy reaction. His breathing is terrible (but not yet bad enough to warrant oxygen) but pirition and a nebuliser helped. It's random to develop this at six. We've been battling it fur a while but it's gotten a lot worse over the past 48 hours.

It's exactly, exactly how Sky started when his cancer first developed and we couldn't locate it. Took another couple if months to locate the cancer.

I feel like I'm already losing Angel ( I know really I'm tired and ill and therefore tearful but it's how I feel).

I really hope you are wrong and this is something that can be fixed. I do know that he is in the very best of hands with you and anything that can be done will be done. I'm sorry you are struggling with another poorly rabbit when you are low yourself.

I know you will do your very best for Angel. In the meantime, you must take care of yourself too.

Sending strong healing and calming wishes to both of you. xx

I am sorry to hear that Angel has developed such worrying symptoms. I do hope that he can remain as comfortable as possible xx

I just want to send some hugs and vibes for you and Angel. I really hope it's not the same thing that Sky
had. :(
Keeping you both in my thoughts. xxxx

ETA: Sorry, read the name originally as Flash...my head's not on straight tonight...apologies. :(

Last edited:
Thank you.

This is where having so many closely related bunnies becomes a nightmare.

Angel is following Sky's pattern. A few months of breathing issues that appeared to link to pain (arthritis/teeth). Then appearing to develop allergy symptoms. Next comes the crisis (is this where we are now?) and then the stabilisation before more symptoms appear- namely bulging eyes.

I believe there is a genetic link for thymoma and that was one of only two options for Sky (the other being lymphoma).

Over the life of Angel and his siblings they have developed dental problems at similar ages, gained extra spots at the same age (eighteen months and three years), had a cluster develop dental abscesses all within about three months and at the end of last year, five if seven were diagnosed with arthritis (four in the right hip/knee and one in the left knee- and there is another looking the same so that would be six of seven).

So what does this bring? I said to my vet last week that within eighteen months my rabbit situation would be very different but I didn't want to think it would start so soon. This is so much more bigger than Angel and Sky- this is about the other six of them too.

The feeling if impending doom has arrived.

Hope everything isn't as bad as it initially seems and is just pure coincidence.

Hugs to you and noserubs to the furries x

Oh no, so sorry to hear this :cry: I have all my fingers crossed it's just a nasty coincidence. Sending loads of ((((((((((((vibes))))))))))) to all your fluffy family xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Angel has had a better day, which is due to the meds he is having. For now, that has to be good enough.

Angel has been 'ok' on the meds but after coming out of the nebuliser tonight has horrible breathing. He is a nice pink colour on his gums but his resp rate is so high. I hope it settles soon. Its horrible.

Equally, he isn't bothered. He's wandering around, exploring the new boxes and eating. Another case of worse for me than him, but I hate this.

Back