• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini lop and mini lion lop weights

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I weighed Levi and Daisy last night, Levi (mini lion lop) is now 2.22kg while Daisy (mini lop) is 2kg. Looking at them I wouldn't say they are overweight. I was just wondering if those weights are within the normal range for these bunnies. I can't see why they would be overweight. They get eggcupful of pellets each a day, some fresh veg, unlimited hay and some dried forage every day.

It's a little on the large size for the breed standard but that doesn't mean they're overweight, just that they don't quite fit the standard and there are quite a few mini lops on the forum that are a similar weight to yours.

The best way to judge is by looking/touch - you want to be able to feel the ribs and spine but they shouldn't be covered in too much fat but also not too prominent either. This might help you decide. http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-weight.asp :D

Thanks. I'll have a more detailed look at them tonight, I just find it hard to tell because of all their fluff!!

Cookie was around 2.6kg until his last gut stasis episode when he dropped to 2.2- was 2.4 last time we checked.

Our vet said he is a 'big boy' but his body profile was fine just to keep a close eye on diet

oh, he's a mini lion lop btw :D

Cookie was around 2.6kg until his last gut stasis episode when he dropped to 2.2- was 2.4 last time we checked.

Our vet said he is a 'big boy' but his body profile was fine just to keep a close eye on diet

oh, he's a mini lion lop btw :D

Well when I took Levi to the vets a few weeks ago when he stopped eating, the vet complimented me on how well looked after he looked so maybe I shouldn't be too worried :)

Back