• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taming your bunny......

I am getting a bunny next week, and it is a rescue so I am not sure how tame it will be. I am sure they haven't had much human contact yet. How will I go about taming? With hamsters, you give them a treat on your hand so they have to sit on your hand to get it, but i think a bunny will be a bit too big to sit on my hands. All i know is that treats and veggies will be the key!

Any advice or links will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
CC81

P.S I have got nauturals fenugreek crunchies and naturals nettle and dandilion roots. Will they like these??

with bunnies its alot about using their natural inquisitiveness in my experience. they are nosy! sit with him/her onground level and let it come around you. dont rush things and be patient. use veg too as that will entice them. :wave: all the best!

I've had my first indoor bunnies for 2 weeks and they're still getting use to me. Lying on the floor helps and they seem to pay me more attention if I'm doing something else - like reading a book encouraged Maddie to jump on my lap for the first time! Hand feeding them and stroking them at the same time seems to work. Just try not to push them too fast or you get a thump and a grumpy bunny for the rest of the day!

Back