• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Names before rescue?

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
What were your bunnies names before you adopted them? Or any pet you have adopted/taken in :D

Kerbie was named Kerbie by FatFluffs but his name before was ... Fatty Pants Dylan :shock: :lol: We decided to keep Kerbie though, it suits him :love:

Roxy (cat) was called Little **** :shock: (the stars are the word beginning with S, another word for poop :lol:)

Milly kept her name. She's called Millicent, but when I started looking for a bun I was going to either call the new one Milly or Penny anyway... So seemed daft to change it! :lol:

Lilly was called Tigerlily by her previous owner, she said she'd like it if I kept the name, but as she no longer owns her she's fine with me changing it too. So to be nice I kept her long name as Tigerlily, but call her Lilly :D

And Sid was called Sid at the rescue, he was going to be renamed Nibbler by us... but we thought Sid just suited him :lol:

Bubbles, my bridge bunny, was just called Baby Girl - she'd been in rescue since she was about 8 weeks old.

Lola was called Jilly, then Jillie-Bean when she was transferred from the RSPCA to a smaller local rescue, but it sounded too old for her imo. Lola actually suits her because she can be a bit of a madam! :lol:

Kane (dog) came with his name. We'd planned to call him Bob (and he would actually answer to anything we said to him at first - including **** face :lol: - so it probably would have been easy to do) but his name suits him so we kept it.

I have kept names where pets were named, although my bunnies came with no name other than Hamish, who came with the name Fluffball, which as he isnt actually that fluffy didnt suit him. I tried to call him Mish, because I wanted to smoosh my face in his, (and moosh just sounded a bit too odd) but after going Hey Mish every time I went to see him, it stuck!

My guinea pig Pluto came with that name, Hilda also came with hers, the only other that came with a name was lonely pig, which is now Joffrey (not sure on the spelling, OH named him, Tirion and Danaerys after game of thrones).

My rescues:
Hettie was Hettie at the rescue :lol: it suited her and I liked it :D
Woody and Jessie were Cappucino and Biscuit, I thought they were such boring names so I changed them :D
Noah was Noah at the rescue, again liked the name so it stayed. Skye was Doris, so that had to change :oops: She is Skye due to her beautiful sky blue eyes :love:

The guinea pigs:
Marley came to me as Carl from the rescue, didn't like that. He got the name Marley as he is a black texel, and his hair gets very afro like, so named after Bob :lol:
Molly and Mabel were both un-named when they came to me (Molly from P&H adoption and Mabel was a baby at the rescue so they hadn't named her)
Maisie was Treacle at the breeders (I got her at 3yo when they had just stopped breeding from her :evil:)
Peaches was Fluffy before she came to me (boring or what?! :roll:)

Dandy and Beano came from Macclesfield RSPCA and we kept their names because they really suit their comic manic characters :lol:

Smokey (cat)came from rain rescue in rotherham, he didn't have a name he was only a tiny kitten, rescued as an unwanted litter.

Oscar, my bridge cat from Sheffield RSPCA was found as a stray in the city centre as a kitten, they called him Sausage as a term of endearment, but strangely enough we didn't keep that name as he didn't know it anyway :lol:

chesney piggy was called ginger.
maisie piggy wasn't named and was referred to as tri coloured sow.
eddie piggy was called dandini.

the others came with no names so i chose them - patch, smudge, bisc and matt.

Peter was Pepper
Pixie was Betty

I quite like Betty but I had Poppy & Peter at the time so wanted another P.

Scamps was grumpy :( his previous owners named him that and returned him as he wasn't cuddly and they found him stropy :(

Yuri was grey bun she had dental issues and was abandoned because of it

Mine were called Tom and Gerry because they were thought to be brothers. They became Thomisina and Gerri when the RSPCA took them to the vet and they were found to be sisters! And now I've renamed them Millie and Maddie :) Millie has a line on her face which is a small L :lol: and Maddie is a little madam!

Spenser was apparently known as Alfie. His previous owner assured me that he didn't know his name so wouldn't be upset by a change, and in fact she liked Spenser for him.

all the dogs kept their names
I had mice that were called ylang, jasmine and juniper (I think) - they were renamed bear, wombat and dizzy.
cagney and lacey the gerbils were renamed whitey and cracker
The chickens have all been nameless but given names.

I love naming pets :love:

We've name all of our animals ourselves except the cats, Monkey was Mittens and Lulu was Buttons. They suit their names much better now :)

Snoopy became Olly Troublemaker in his brief stay with us, he went back to Snoopy at BARC.

Assuming Mylo bonds with Bo I think he's going to become Bofur when he gets here :love:

My old guinea pig came to me as Guinevere... I called her May! :lol:

Last edited:
Angel was called Poppy at the rescue I got her from. I liked the name but already had a gerbil called Poppy at the time.

Henry was called Henry! We were going to change his name but he seems to know his name and it suits him so we kept it.

I've always kept my pets names post rescue even though they may not have been my top choices but one of the three new bunnies is called Runty :shock: so all three are having a name change as I think that's horrid.

Todd was Todd. It suited him!
Lucy was 'May'.
Katy was 'Daisy'.
Lucky was nameless.
Rigsy was nameless.
Skye was 'Toots'.
Islay was 'Pippa'.
Jura was 'Poppy'.
Arran was 'Smokey'.
Ailsa was 'Bunny'.
Lewis was nameless.
Deano was 'Sammy'.