• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit eating slower

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone!

I may be being paranoid but my rabbit Betty seems to be eating slower. I gave her a little treat earlier on and she ate it slower than her bonded friend. Im not sure where this is a usual thing because she tends to hide to eat and becomes territorial over food so i scatter feed them. She is usually really greedy and now im worried. She has issues with her tooth roots and had another slight infection (her eyelid went pink) last week which we now treat with drops (this is a long term condition which we monitor and treat - she is a cross breed with a bit of a small head and a flat face :( ). Her teeth in her mouth were ok last time she was at the vets. Am I being silly or should i be worried? Ive never had a dental bunny before :(

It could be that she just doesnt like my cooking. :)

She's currently eating readigrass so no danger she isnt eating :) Her friend Walt does have a larger head so hopefully its just that she has a mini flat head. She is due her 3 month review for her medication next week from looking in my diary so she can just go back a bit early :)

A visit to the vets for a health check would be good, ideally asap just in case something is causing your bunny to eat slower.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Back