• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Choosing a vets

Lauraa03

Young Bun
What sort of price do you pay for neutering and vaccinations?
I'm choosing a vet to take George to get his first vaccinations, but I don't know what sort of price is reasonable

I can't remember the price of vaccinations but I paid £130 for a spay. I think that is the higher end of vet fees but each vet has its own price so it might depend on the practice. :wave:

Prices all depend on the practice, at ours it's £33 for neuter and £7 for the aftercare metacam, £53 for spay and £7 for aftercare metacam and the combination vaccine is £20.50.

Our vets is cheap but they're very good, the vet practice down the road to them are very expensive and awful, so have a ring around and make sure your happy with them whatever the price.

HAHA we are both In london but such a big price difference for spraying :D Don't know why- my vet mostly does small animals and rabbits!

The fun of using Goddard vet group :roll: but she is the only vet I trust so I pay the silly price.

I have not had the combined yet so not sure what the price is but the old ones were about £18 each. Spay was about £60 about 3 years ago.

The most important thing though is to get a vet that is bunny savvy so ask lots of questions about what experience they have with bunnies. Maybe even put something in rabbit chat about someone recommending a vet in your area.

I have not had the combined yet so not sure what the price is but the old ones were about £18 each. Spay was about £60 about 3 years ago.

The most important thing though is to get a vet that is bunny savvy so ask lots of questions about what experience they have with bunnies. Maybe even put something in rabbit chat about someone recommending a vet in your area.

^ This. A good rabbit-savvy vet is so very important.

Price isn't always the best indication - some vets may charge really high prices but not have much bunny knowledge and, conversely, a cheap vet doesn't necessarily mean that the service you'll get is inferior. Getting recommendations from local members is good. :thumb: There's also a list of questions on this thread that might help you decide if the vet you're considering seems rabbit savvy. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?267127-How-to-find-a-good-rabbit-vet

Price isn't always the best indication - some vets may charge really high prices but not have much bunny knowledge and, conversely, a cheap vet doesn't necessarily mean that the service you'll get is inferior. Getting recommendations from local members is good. :thumb: There's also a list of questions on this thread that might help you decide if the vet you're considering seems rabbit savvy. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?267127-How-to-find-a-good-rabbit-vet

Thankyou for the link.. I've had a look and will definitely ask them

This!

When trusting a vet to do an operation you need to be sure they are rabbit savvy

I contacted the RWAF for a recomendation and theres one just down the road from me :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Back