• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home made treats

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
What to do on a rainy day........BAKE! :lol:

I've made the rabbits treats.....

Burt's treats in the oven........"when will they be done mum"????:lol:

"Yum"

And finally .......treats for me :love::p erm.....I mean us ;)

Last edited:
Both please :D

Rabbit treats :love: (I don't weigh anything, sorry )

Excel pellets crushed or soaked ( crushing takes ages :roll: so I add a bit of boiling water and mash them down, but adding water means they take longer to cook, so it's up to you )
Grated carrots
Chopped parsley
Sprinkle of oats (optional can use with or without )
Mix all together and add a mashed banana
Bring it all together and cut out or make into little cookies, bake on a low heat in oven until hard :thumb:

Tips.......the flatter they are the less time they take to cook:wave:
Turn the oven off after a couple of hours and leave them in there, they will continue to dry out:wave:

You can make your own variations, add whatever your buns like......different herbs, apples etc :thumb:

Dog treats :love:

2.5 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup skimmed milk powder
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup veg oil
2-3 cubes beef stock cubes (recipe says 2 I add 3!)
3/4 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Mix together, cut out and bake in 150 oven for around 30 mins or until done :wave:

That's funny, just today I used the last of the christmas treats I bought from hugo's there and I thought I really should try making some myself. I'll give your recipe a go :thumb:

That's funny, just today I used the last of the christmas treats I bought from hugo's there and I thought I really should try making some myself. I'll give your recipe a go :thumb:

Excellent! :thumb: it works out good value too, they seem to go a long way :wave:

Good luck, you can't really go wrong, let us know how you get on! :wave:

The ones I bought from hugo's there have lasted ages, I'm quite stingy with treats :lol: I'll let you know when I've managed to make some!

What to do on a rainy day........BAKE! :lol:

I've made the rabbits treats.....

Burt's treats in the oven........"when will they be done mum"????:lol:

"Yum"

And finally .......treats for me :love::p erm.....I mean us ;)

Soooooo cute wish I could come to you and steal them all!

Back