• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Snowdrop again please- update 28.1 Not good news

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
After a good few weeks Snowdrop has gone down hill again.

Today she is refusing all food, even the veg she was eating before. She will be off to the vets tomorrow but last time they said all the next steps involve a GA which I am not sure she will make it through.

I am not sure whether to bring her in? Weather is dreadful but she gets very stressed in different environments so I am not sure it will help.

Last edited:
Oh no... :( I'm sorry Snowdrop is poorly again...

I'm not sure what to advise in the question of whether to bring her in. Especially when you say it might not help her stress levels... :? I think if it was me, I would bring her in so I could monitor... But I would see if anyone else has further suggestions.xxx

Sending loads of love and (((vibes))) for Snowdrop.

And hugs for you, such a worrying situation for you.xxx

:cry:

Could you get her seen today ?

I rang the vet but he says as she has had metacam and metaclopromide at home there isn't anything he can do for her until tomorrow.

She has had a run about the garden and has eaten some recovery food that I have syringe fed her.

Oh no... :( I'm sorry Snowdrop is poorly again...

I'm not sure what to advise in the question of whether to bring her in. Especially when you say it might not help her stress levels... :? I think if it was me, I would bring her in so I could monitor... But I would see if anyone else has further suggestions.xxx

Sending loads of love and (((vibes))) for Snowdrop.

And hugs for you, such a worrying situation for you.xxx

We can monitor her just as easily outside as she is a single bunny so can tell if she has passed anything or eaten anything. I keep going out to her every half hour. She has had a run around the garden and is now sat in the corner of her hutch feeling sorry for herself.

We can monitor her just as easily outside as she is a single bunny so can tell if she has passed anything or eaten anything. I keep going out to her every half hour. She has had a run around the garden and is now sat in the corner of her hutch feeling sorry for herself.

If you can monitor from there than perhaps continue as you are. :thumb:

Poor bunny, it's so hard to see them looking so down. :(

But remember you are doing the absolute best you can, and you have a vets appointment tomorrow, so you've got everything in order - it's just the waiting isn't it?

Really hope you see some improvement soon. (((gentle nose rubs for Snowdrop)))xxx

Had a feel of her tummy and I think she may have a blockage. You can feel clearly formed poo's but also something very hard that doesn't feel like it should be there.

Has everything crossed the vets can help her tomorrow. My hubbie will be dropping her off at 8am to be admitted then I will go at 4pm to either pick her up or have a consultation about what needs to be done to help her.

I'm not certain but if she has a blockage isn't metaclop contraindicated? I wonder if you have sub q fluids on hand and if she'd tolerate them?
Poor Snowdrop. :( I really hope she'll feel better soon and the vet can help. xxxx

Back