• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Location location...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Just been watching that show and they were looking round an idyllic property, loads of land and space, they had ponies and free range chickens in a big enclosure... And a tiny rabbit 'run' with attached shelter plonked in the middle of what was basically a small field... I can't be 100% sure it was for a rabbit but whatever it was for its just amazing that people can think about a good environment for their chickens but not their small furries!! Most of us on here can only dream about having those resources to be able to give our pets the best environment possible, it's such a shame that so many people can't think beyond the rabbit in a hutch :(

Oh I know what you mean - I've noticed this a lot on house hunting shows.

There was a very similar set up on 'Escape to the country' not long back ..... I was sooo annoyed to see that they had acres of land and a tiny hutch and run just plonked in a corner!!

What are these people thinking!?!

Unfortunately most of them will have just given in to their kids demands for a 'cute and cuddly' pet and won't have much interest themselves to go the effort of researching and planning :( So frustrating...

I think many pople don't mean harm and are just uneducated.

Before I joined RU my bunny was in a cage far too small, I adored her and had spent thousands on vet bills, I just didn't realise that she needed more space/company/spaying (the vets advised me against it).

Some people simply don't realise, they trust the petshop that sells them the tiny cage/hutch, it's understandable how it happens.

I think many pople don't mean harm and are just uneducated.

Before I joined RU my bunny was in a cage far too small, I adored her and had spent thousands on vet bills, I just didn't realise that she needed more space/company/spaying (the vets advised me against it).

Some people simply don't realise, they trust the petshop that sells them the tiny cage/hutch, it's understandable how it happens.

I know, it's the pet stores fault for still selling rubbish housing, I too had my previous rabbits in a tiny hutch that I thought was great, 2 story, marketed on eBay as a 'large hutch' but when I think of it now and the size my rabbits grew to I'm ashamed! But I do feel that with the amount of information available on the Internet nowadays there's not really an excuse not to research. I bet those people researched chickens before they got them...

Back