• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do your bunnies like to be touched/stroked?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
My Lilly is a weirdo :lol: she LOVES being stroked on her back, she LOVES having her tail played with too! She lays down if you stroke her bottom/back/tail. She just laid on her side when I stroked her side so I had better access to rub her belly! Obviously she loves her forehead and cheeks being rubbed too :love: hates ears being played with though as she has sore ears!

Harvey is a normal bunny, head, cheeks and ears only! He's happy to have his back stroked when he's chilling too :)

Someone posted a picture on Facebook relatively recently about where bunnies do/don't like to be touched, which was very accurate for Harvey, but completely wrong for my Lilly! Anyone remember sharing it? It was someone on here!

Do you have any bunnies who like belly rubs or tail tickles or any other weird likes?

Milly hates being touched. No stroking allowed! Charlie pretty much just lets me stroke him all over, he only really enjoys it on his head/back though. He does like his ears being played with too.

Milly hates being touched. No stroking allowed! Charlie pretty much just lets me stroke him all over, he only really enjoys it on his head/back though. He does like his ears being played with too.

Lilly was not overly keen on being stroked when I first got her but she loves it now (although she'll let me know if she doesn't feel in the mood)! I twirl her tail like I twirl Harvey's ears! It would be a criminal offence to dare touch Harvey's tail :lol:

Lilly was not overly keen on being stroked when I first got her but she loves it now (although she'll let me know if she doesn't feel in the mood)! I twirl her tail like I twirl Harvey's ears! It would be a criminal offence to dare touch Harvey's tail :lol:

I've had Milly nearly 3 years... :lol:

I'll be informing Lilly that she is, so far, still a weirdo :lol:

It's weird because Harvey's the massively tame fuss-pot, Lilly is tame and loves a fuss but is not quite the human-lover Harvey is and is a lot more wary, yet she's the one who wants to be stroked all over!

Smudge used to like being stroked and held , that is until I had to gove him meds for stasis, since then, the mere look of a hand near him, sends him away, he hates it... Just doesnt trust me now, no matter what I have in my hand.. I = medicine as far as hes concerned.

Willow loves noserubs... She sits for hours but not so keen being touched anywhere else.

I've love a cuddly bun....

Smudge used to like being stroked and held , that is until I had to gove him meds for stasis, since then, the mere look of a hand near him, sends him away, he hates it... Just doesnt trust me now, no matter what I have in my hand.. I = medicine as far as hes concerned.

Willow loves noserubs... She sits for hours but not so keen being touched anywhere else.

I've love a cuddly bun....

That's a shame :( I'm lucky that Harvey hadn't equated me with medicine despite a couple of episodes of stasis, he gets over his anger after a few medicine free days luckily

Lilly hates being picked up, she won't run away from it but is terrified when actually up there, all strokes and cuddles have be with her four feet firmly on the floor! I never really expected her to be much of a cuddly bunny to be honest, so I'm really proud of how friendly she is!

I've had Angel for 9 years and she has never let me stroke her, she hates being touched.

Henry LOVES a fuss though, his favourite is nose rubs he'll do the happy teeth grinding when you do that.
Loves the back of his neck stroked as well.

funny bunny your rabbit is not alone....Poppy enjoys a good stroke on her back but I would say her favourite spot in the top of her bottom, she sticks it right out for a good stroke! She also loves the usual spots too like her cheeks and ears but her bum is definitely her favourite! I think we should enjoy our super cuddly buns as much as we can :) Poppy was even more cuddly when she was a proper baby, she's slightly less now she's a teenager but I'm hoping she'll revert to full blown cuddle at any opportunity monster after her spay!

I've had Angel for 9 years and she has never let me stroke her, she hates being touched.

Henry LOVES a fuss though, his favourite is nose rubs he'll do the happy teeth grinding when you do that.
Loves the back of his neck stroked as well.

Awh :love: I love touching the back of their necks, it's soooo soft, but they normally turn their heads around to stick their noses back under my hands :lol:

Lilly says to all other bunnies that they are missing out big time on having their tails played with :p I've told her if Harvey hasn't got the message and he watches her tail get twirled no other bunny is going to believe her! She is also surprised that she is the only bunny who has weird stroking preferences on RU :lol:

funny bunny your rabbit is not alone....Poppy enjoys a good stroke on her back but I would say her favourite spot in the top of her bottom, she sticks it right out for a good stroke! She also loves the usual spots too like her cheeks and ears but her bum is definitely her favourite! I think we should enjoy our super cuddly buns as much as we can :) Poppy was even more cuddly when she was a proper baby, she's slightly less now she's a teenager but I'm hoping she'll revert to full blown cuddle at any opportunity monster after her spay!

I hadn't read this when I wrote the last message, Lilly is delighted she has a friend who understands the benefits of a good bottom stroke :lol:

All of them love having their ears stroked and massaged, most f them love it on their snouts too above the nose and below the eyes. Nori who has a chronic runny bum and needs regular cleaning licks my hand when I wipe his bum bum down so I think he likes it. When he was younger I think the cleaning action turned him on as his winkie used to come out :shock::oops::oops:

All of them love having their ears stroked and massaged, most f them love it on their snouts too above the nose and below the eyes. Nori who has a chronic runny bum and needs regular cleaning licks my hand when I wipe his bum bum down so I think he likes it. When he was younger I think the cleaning action turned him on as his winkie used to come out :shock::oops::oops:

:shock: I've not seen a bunny winky! I'm sure Harvey's does come out though when he gets all honky and humpy with Lilly! He thankfully has a friends-only relationship with me!

Is it this one you're thinking of? Tuckerbunnies shared it on their page.
http://castillobunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/bunny-petting-guide.html

Yes!! That's it!! Thanks for finding it for me!!!! It was seeing this poster a couple of weeks ago that made me think maybe Lilly is a bit of an oddball :lol:

The "I KILL YOU" area is one of her favourites! A good rub in the "caution" area will make her lay down, kick her legs out and roll onto her side a bit so I can rub the "hell NO" area as well :lol: the "no no no" areas are in general a no go zone, expect her back feet if I'm already playing with her tail, she doesn't mind a foot massage then!

:) Sounds like she's a bit of an oddball! I reckon the diagram is pretty accurate for all of mine - except Tully, who basically hates to be touched at all!

Fidget also loves me to stroke her tail and likes strokes in all the usual places like nose, head and ears, Fudge isn't keen on tail strokes but will flop so that I can rub her belly, she also likes all the usual stroking areas. Fidget will only tolerate cuddles if she can stick her head under our chin whereas Fudge just loves all cuddles as long as when it is when she asks for them, stands on back legs and nudges our arm to ask to be picked up!

They both love having their back and sides stroked. Feet can be stroked depending on their mood.

Back