• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommendations

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Just wondered where you get your rabbit accessories from like chew toys etc? I could do with recommendations for a cheap and reliable Internet shop. It's so hard to know which place is any good when you type it into Google! Thanks :)

Why not try foraging something like willow? You could then bend the twigs into anything that you think would provide mental stimulation and also being a healthy treat at the same time.

Why not try foraging something like willow? You could then bend the twigs into anything that you think would provide mental stimulation and also being a healthy treat at the same time.

I love the idea of foraging but I don't think I'd have a clue where to start, I'm not very outdoorsy! I'd hate to pick the wrong things for them!

They only seemed interested in chewing things they shouldn't be the last few days like their litter tray and the skirting boards even though their safe things for chewing are right next to them!

I love the idea of foraging but I don't think I'd have a clue where to start, I'm not very outdoorsy! I'd hate to pick the wrong things for them!

They only seemed interested in chewing things they shouldn't be the last few days like their litter tray and the skirting boards even though their safe things for chewing are right next to them!

Perhaps you could pop along to a forthcoming RU meeting at Croome Court near Pershore,(date(s) still to be decided in Feb/March) and have a chat with other fellow bunny mad folk. Tea, coffee. lovely food and bunny chat......:thumb:

Perhaps you could pop along to a forthcoming RU meeting at Croome Court near Pershore,(date(s) still to be decided in Feb/March) and have a chat with other fellow bunny mad folk. Tea, coffee. lovely food and bunny chat......:thumb:

Oh yeh I know where Croombe Court is I think (that doesn't happen very often!). I think I should probably be able to make that. Where will the confirmed date be posted on here? And I'll keep an eye out. Thanks :)

Have you tried putting herbs/veg/pellets into a paper bag and mixing it up with hay? My 2 go mad for that throwing the bag around like lunatics :lol: they always destroy the bag too after eating the contents...keeps them busy for a few minutes :roll:

ETA I forgot about this sticky http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?303726-Rabbit-toy-making-and-enrichment-activities there might be some useful things on there :wave:

Thanks I must have missed that link, looks like it has some good ideas on it. My two go crazy for their pellets (sometimes I feel mean only giving them a handful a day but I know they're not that good them!) So I might make them work for them and see if that will entertain them. I know I'll get a thump from Maddie if she sees me making them :lol: I did when she saw me putting them in a treat ball yesterday!

Back