• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to start?

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Hi :)

It's been months since I said I was definitely going to get Fluffy a friend, but so much has got in the way. The shed is finished now though, so I am determined to find a husbun before it gets too cold.
(Or, looking outside at the sun, have we already had the cold season? :roll:)

But my problem is, where do I start? Do I look in Rabbit rehome, contact local rescues, search specifically for an older male or look on rabbits for homes here?
I don't think people update rabbit rehome very often, or their own websites, so should I contact local rescues instead? (And what is the maximum drive time when transporting buns? )

Sorry for the amount of questions, I'm just so excited (and can't think straight) :roll:
Thank you x

I'm sorry I have no advice but I am interested to see what advice people give you because I will be looking to get Poppy a friend in the summer.

If you post what are you are in the rescues that post on here regularly will be able to send you details of bunnies they have at the minute.

I'd start with local rescues. When I was finding Rosie a husbun I contacted a rescue, went up for a visit and a chat, then we arranged a date for Rosie to go in and see who she liked the look of.

Good luck :thumb:

i would contact local rescues and explain that you are looking for a neutered male bunny, and ask if they offer bonding and will help you find a suitable match. when i adopted fern i just took her home and hoped elmo would like her, when i struggled to bond them the rescue said it was out of their hands. so i definitely would look for somewhere that will support you throughout the whole process :thumb:

Back