• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay lovers

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Hi just wanted to share another photo of my two. That's Millie on the left and Maddie on the right, they're sisters. I've had them nearly 2 weeks after rehoming them from the RSPCA. This is them munching away at their hay. They've just got some new hay from hayforpets.co.uk as I saw some people recommending on here and they seem to love it, although they've yet to refuse anything I've given them!

I've discovered so far that Maddie (despite being the smaller sister) is the bossy one. She pushes Millie out of the way to get to the food first. She's also a bit of a madam and she'll thump her foot at me if I'm taking too long with the food! She's definitely the more confident one and will investigate things first and has gotten used to me quicker than Millie has. Millie still often backs away from me and looks grumpy but despite this she is the one who flops down more often and binkies more. I never knew how funny binkies can be! Millie rears up like a horse would, shakes her ears around, does little shudders, jumps up in the air and flicks around, does laps round the sofa and bounces off the skirting boards on the corners - I swear sometimes she goes vertical on those corners! She's very clumsy with it too and bashes into things and if she strays into the kitchen she slids on the lino!

They've been fairly good so far but have started chewing the skirting boards the last few days despite having loads of chew toys! And while I was typing that Maddie crawled under the TV stand, so I better go do some more bunnyproofing!

12028411573_141fc62344_z.jpg

Back