• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out of My Kitchen!!!!

giddermup

Warren Scout
I have just spent the better part of 20 minutes chasing Prancer out of the kitchen only for him to hop right back in.

I was washing bunny greens and cutting off carrot tops to replant for more carrot tops. Every time I turned around there he was getting closer and closer to me in hopes that something might fall to the floor (He was no doubt hoping for the entire pile of carrots to mysteriously plummet to the floor).

Don't get me wrong. It's wonderful that he is so interested in food since he's getting up there (12 years old I think) and has quite a few bouts with tummy trouble and a bad back to boot. But golly, bun! Do you think you could remember that you are an elderly bunny?

Obviously not because he was so determined last night to get to my taco soup, he climbed on my foot stool before trying to climb up my legs. And no, I don't feed him taco soup! He's such a hungry thing, though, he would probably eat it. Of course... He may have really been after the tortilla chips I dipped into the soup... Once he realized that I wasn't going to give in and share, he fell off the stool trying to hunt up something else to eat! Don't worry, he's fine.

And where was Mokona during all this? Sitting on the shelf in her cage watching us like we were both crazy.

ps - Did I mention that Prancer is a Dwarf Rex?

Ooops! Better get myself going. I'm getting the evil eye because 8 PM is bunny din-din time in this house!

:lol::lol::lol:

What a lovely story!

From what I've heard about Rexes being super greedy, it just sounds like he's being typical!

:love::love:

Little monkey!! :lol::lol: My own boy is 10.5 and as greedy as ever! He turns up his twitchy nose at his nice brocolli and pesters for fenugreek crunchies instead. :roll:

As requested...
Prancer begging...

That green blob at the bottom is my knee. Sorry...

And Prancer a few years ago enjoying some time out on my deck.

And of course if I don't add her there will be mutiny...
Mokona in all her annoyed glory :?

And the two of them together a long time ago when the weather was warm and snow was only something I saw in pictures.
Okay, it was last summer.

Hello Fellow Yankee :wave:
I have never seen these two before. :) Welcome to RU! (A bit late, sorry :lol: )

Aren't they adorable?! Prancer is 12 you say? Good grief, I'd never have believed it! He looks to still be in his prime!
Loving the name Mokona, btw. ;) (Is very into anime)
They are both gorgeous! That picture of just the looming bunny mouf is classic! :D

Funnily enough, Fiver is a mini rex but has never seemed all that 'hungry' to me. He'll eat hay like it's going out of style, but he never reaches for my food at all. :?

Really, I has no idea what youz talkin' about....

:D

Awww... Thanks everyone!
I've been around for a little while. I introduced myself back then and hid under the closest rock I could find to lurk :oops: Sometimes I poke my head out for a quick word or two. But as I've been trying to treasure these special moments with Prancer before he hops his final hop :cry:, I had to share. That mouf was too much to keep to myself.

MimzMum - I was wondering if anyone would ever get Mokona's name without me having to explain the strange concept of that particular anime. She was supposed to be a black lop or at least that's what was in my mind when I went to get her. Nope. It had to be the one that flew into the air like a bird. I always tell the vet to make sure they have their catcher's mitt ready. And they never believe me. :roll:
And Fiver is adorable (as is his cute friend behind him;) )

Back