• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think i've got a 'special' one!

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
I don't think Poppy knows she's a rabbit....and I know I'm to blame for this!

When I first started looking on this forum I noticed that a lot of people raved about fenugreek crunches so I went out and bought some for Poppy, she paid no attention to them at all and despite being a food monster didn't even take a nibble! I am now on a mission to find thinks she adores so when she goes for her spay so I can send her with a special packet lunch that she'll struggle to resist. So tonight I bought her a mint plant (something else I noticed on here that bunnies seem to love) I held out a leaf (she is very used to being hand fed) and she twisted her nose and hopped backwards! So I thought hey she must love something other bunnies do so I tried a bit of banana....same reaction to the mint!
So apart from hay, natures touch forage (she loves) and pellets all I have for her special packed lunch is dried apple, dried carrot and dried beetroot. Though she adores theses, knows the specific ruffle of the bags and goes nuts, hopping, binking, rolling and honking at the sound!

On a side note I got a full arm groom, including licks, tonight!

I know there are a few buns on RU that aren't bothered about fenugreek crunchies, might be worth trying them on another occasion just in case she changes her mind ;) all mine go frantic for them, but they go absolutely nuts for homemade treats I got from the local rabbit sanctuary BARC :love:

Mine aren't bothered about mint, but they love rosemary, brambles, readigrass and freshly picked grass, so I sent rosemary,readigrass and pellets for their post spay picnic :D

Hope Poppy's spay goes well, when is she going in for it?

Mine don't like banana either, which does seems different to other buns on here. They can't resist a fenugreek crunchie though.
Have you tried any other herbs? fiver doesn't like mint either but goes mad for dill and parsley, they always get him eating when he goes off his food during moult.

O i'm glad she's not the only one who doesn't like stuff other rabbits do!

I've tried the Fenugreek crunches a few times and she's just not interested but her reaction to them isn't as extreme as it was to the mint and banana last night!
She's going for her spay three weeks on Monday so I'm gonna try some other herbs this week to try and find some she likes but them i'm gonna stop trying new foods to keep her tummy in top notch ready for the op.

Fiver will not touch any bunny treats the others like. Good thing too as mostly anything but hay gives him poopy butt. :(
Special vibes for a special bun that her spay goes well and she's back to form quickly. xxxx

we seam to be having a break through with parsley :) though I certainly wouldn't say its a like more of a 'oh, ok mummy, i'll eat it if then you'll shhhh about this fresh food malarkey'

I've never tried fenugreek crunchies (or my rabbits haven't anyway:lol:), but I've never had a rabbit that likes mint, they've all looked at me like I'm mental when I offer it!

Coriander on the other hand!

Stu didn't like the crunches at first took a few weeks and leaving half of one so he could have it if he liked :roll: now he likes them :D

He likes corriander, basil and parsley in that order, and the bunny chocholate drops :oops: he will take them from my lips it's about as close as I get to a lick from him :roll::oops:

Other two are literally dust bins :roll:

Mine took a while to like crunchies, then they turned into addicts!! If I spend time out in the room where they are kept I see Lola going and checking the place I normally hide one (on top of a tree stump thing!) to see if I have left her one!

This bag has been a bit strange though, they take it and then leave it for a bit before eating. I wonder if it is tasting different as all 3 are doing it now :?

None of mine liked herbs and recoil in horror at the scent of banana near them!! I thought if they liked banana it would be easy to get medicine into them if needed in the future, but noooooo, bunnies had other ideas!

Back