• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap Rabbit Safe Bedding?

LaraFarah

Alpha Buck
My dear Darcy have got arthritis and is on Metcam for this reason. However, it does mean that he is getting a wet bottom :( and he is no longer litter trained.

He is bonded with five other young girls and they have got 7 large litter trays filled with hay (which is changed most days) but there is still so much space on the floor. I tried rugs but obviously that did not work out so well.

What can I use to ensure that Darcy isn't getting too wet?

Would Bedmax or Easibed be okay as I always have these for my other animals?

I wouldn't risk bedmax, the phenols that are released when it's weed on would worry me. You could try easibed but I'd be concerned about them eating it, but still, worth a try!

Other options include fitch and megazorb bedding - both horse stuff, so nice and cheap :D

Vetbed is good as if it gets wee'd on the moisture goes through and leaves the top dry, and it washes easy, and dries again really quick. not sure how much it would be for a big bit though.

Vetbed is good as if it gets wee'd on the moisture goes through and leaves the top dry, and it washes easy, and dries again really quick. not sure how much it would be for a big bit though.

Really? This is useful information - I have LOADS as we use it for the dogs and cats. It would be cheaper in the long run too and be gentle on my little man and his girls.

Thank you!

Really? This is useful information - I have LOADS as we use it for the dogs and cats. It would be cheaper in the long run too and be gentle on my little man and his girls.

Thank you!

Vet bed is good but be careful that your buns don't eat it as it can cause blockages :( worth trying it but if they eat it remove it before they ingest too much :)

Vet bed is good but be careful that your buns don't eat it as it can cause blockages :( worth trying it but if they eat it remove it before they ingest too much :)

Thank you - I have put one of the spare ones in this morning so I can keep an eye all day today. If all goes well for the next few days, I will buy a whole roll just for the rabbits.

Darcy did use to have vet bed when he was in a pair with Pip as Pip used to get sore hocks but as she passed away and Darcy moved into the girl groups, I just stopped using vet bed for some reason that I cannot even remember now!

Back