• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brian is a girl...

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
I just had Brian at the vets for vacs and a check-up. He's only a baby and has a very fluffy undercarriage, so I did say to the vet that we thought he was a he, but weren't 100%. It turns out that my beautiful Brian is female. She's booked in for a spay when she's big enough in a month's time. I really can't imagine her with any other name though!

On the plus side we found a beautiful little boy rabbit needing a home, but couldn't adopt him because he is male. If he's still available he may now be coming to live with us!

hehe. Been there....

Bless her. You could have a girl called Brian I guess! Briony is a good one. Brienne?

Nothing wrong with a girl called Brian! I had a female cat called jake :thumb: dunno why her first owners named her that but I liked it :D

Yeah, just change her official name to 'Bryony/Briany/Brianey/Briani/whatever' and call her Brian for short. :lol:

Oops! But yay that it means the boy may be able to come and live with you! Brianna (bree-anna) is quite a cute name. Hope her spay goes well next month xxx

Bless her!! I had a Hattie turn to Henry on the operating table :shock: he was v fluffy too :lol::love:

If there was nothing wrong with a girl called Trevor then there is certainly nothing wrong with a girl called Brian :D

LOL I am in a similar situation.
My current foster was tiny when I got him & had been sexed as a girl so I called her Bluebell.
I put off sexing him myself because if she really was a she I was considering renewing my membership of the Failed Fosterers Club.
But then I couldn't put it off any longer as the bun was circling & buzzing - sure enough a massive set of knackers!
Bluebell is now Barry named after my favourite surgeon who is retiring :D

My dad & uncle are Brians.
No reason to not have a girl called Brian!

We have decided on "Bea". We called her "B" as Brian anyway. Not that I have anything against Brian as a name for a female rabbit. In fact I can't get out of the habit of calling her Brian, she's been Brian for nearly two months so lord knows if it will carry on :lol:.

The boy we had our eye on is no longer available (not surprised as he was a fluffy blue eyed white Lionhead), I'm glad he found a home so we will wait til we move house next month and then adopt a little boy bunny (hopefully an actual boy this time :lol:).

We have decided on "Bea". We called her "B" as Brian anyway. Not that I have anything against Brian as a name for a female rabbit. In fact I can't get out of the habit of calling her Brian, she's been Brian for nearly two months so lord knows if it will carry on :lol:.

The boy we had our eye on is no longer available (not surprised as he was a fluffy blue eyed white Lionhead), I'm glad he found a home so we will wait til we move house next month and then adopt a little boy bunny (hopefully an actual boy this time :lol:).

I know what you mean, Slipper was supposedly a girl until about 6 months later we discovered she was a he! That was almost 2 years ago, but can I heck get into the habit of calling him, boy, his, etc! She's still my baby girl really :love: although I would love an actual girl bunny as I have 4 boy bunnies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first ever rabbit was called Sophie after the little girl in the King-Smith books.

She grew fairly large and was renamed "big Sophie"

Then we found out she was a boy.. from then on just called Big.

I think it's a talking point to have a girl called Brian :lol:

Bea sounds nice.
Our friends child who is lovely with all animals is called Bea, so made me smile to know theres a bun with the same name in England.

Back