• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playpen help

Amy1989

Young Bun
Hey everyone :wave:

I have recently bought one of these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-or-8-24-wide-p..._Steamers_Cookers_PP&var=&hash=item51ab01839b
I remember reading quite a few threads about meshing the outside of the pen, can anyone recommend the best material to use? I did try chicken wire but where I had to cut the pieces the ends where really sharp. I want to mesh it as the gaps are quite big, they don't bend but I'm worried about them getting there head stuck. Also the pen is up against the g pigs hutch and they like to chew through to the wood of the hutch.

Weldmesh is stronger than chicken mesh, you can get sharp edges where you cut it (found this out wrestling with a huge roll to mesh the run, managed to gash my hand :roll::cry:) but if you cut it to a whole square I've found it ok.

Back