• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squared Paper - bunny improvement designs

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
Well i love to plan things, so with the purchase of some squared paper i have been drawing some plans for the garden development. Including the layout of the new bunny shed. Any opinions will be greatly received, i have a gardener coming to give me a quote for some of the major work.

Here is the Garden Layout -

Here is the bunny shed layout (a 6ftx8ft shed) -

This is my garden at the moment -

Are you a Virgo by any chance? I'm a bit like that I drew a scaled map of my shed to work out the exact measurements and everything :lol:
I had a pergola area just like yours in the corner, and I've just had it converted into a bunny shed, there's recent pic in the housing section.
Where are you going to put your bunny shed as it's not on the garden map? I'm a bit confused about your shed drawing too, it seems bigger on the inside than it does on the outside (8x6?) or I am I just looking at it wrong?
Great plans tho, it'll look so much better, bet you can't wait :D

Yes I am a Virgo, how could you tell :)

The bunny shed I stupidly called hutch on the larger map, and the bunny shed pic includes the aviary attached. So the shed is in proportion to my scale, with a similar size run/aviary attached. I have tried to allow enough space for me to get inside and close the door, but on looking at the quads area it seems a little narrow. I am thinking if i am to sit in with them it may be best to do it in the aviary instead.

Any other ideas for the internal layout? I am hoping to either bond Lola in with the trio and put them all in one large setup. Or, find Lola a husbun and try to put George back outside with the trio (George is currently inside but I think he would prefer bunny company in the long run)

I've been doing similar planning... With the absense of squared paper tho :lol: I even made a 3D scale model of my planned 8x6 shed! I have found that everything I had in my head just wouldn't fit :roll: I'm an Aries by the way... :lol: Planning ahead is totally out of character!!

I've been doing similar planning... With the absense of squared paper tho :lol: I even made a 3D scale model of my planned 8x6 shed! I have found that everything I had in my head just wouldn't fit :roll: I'm an Aries by the way... :lol: Planning ahead is totally out of character!!

Oooo i like the sound of the 3d scale model... have you got a picture? I have had to hide my squared paper pad from my partner as he knows just what i am like with planning EVERYTHING!!

(i even plan when looking online at houses for sale to see if/how our things would fit in - sad but its a virgo thing) :D

Oooo i like the sound of the 3d scale model... have you got a picture? I have had to hide my squared paper pad from my partner as he knows just what i am like with planning EVERYTHING!!

(i even plan when looking online at houses for sale to see if/how our things would fit in - sad but its a virgo thing) :D

It's not a very impressive model!! I have just made little models of the litter trays, burrow boxes and my hay storage box (that I now know there's not really any room for!) I've got other ideas for the layout now that I haven't made a model of... (yet :lol:) Mine have huge litter trays that are approx 2.5x2ft and tall (cos they're diggers and... Erm... Pee over the siders...) so just fitting 2 of those in eats into the space! Because I'm planning on bonding my 2 pairs I'm trying to plan the space so each pair still has their own things. I've taken inspiration and advice from Rabbitats (on Facebook) and I think this will be the most successful way to bond them... It's just hard trying to make the space 'equal'! If I finalise my plans with my model I'll post a pic :D

ETA: Just thought I should clarify... When I say each pair will have their own things, I mean new things but two of everything!! The shed and all that goes in it will be completely neutral to begin with!

Last edited:
Back