• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This conversation is priceless (dogs eating underwear being x-rayed)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Can you imagine the humilation of having your dog x-rayed to find he'd swallowed your underwear?

Then the vet producing it to show you what was causing the problem????:shock:

Last edited:
Is there supposed to be a pic? The link just leads to people mentioning it on twitter :lol:

Is there supposed to be a pic? The link just leads to people mentioning it on twitter :lol:

I just got a list of trends, which for a non twitter user was very confusing! :lol:

Found a funny picture of Fred and George weasley though!

It leads on from an x-ray in an article about a dog that swallowed a toilet brush:shock:. Sadly there isn't one of a thong in it's stomach, just the conversation. I had no idea dogs ate all that kind of stuff.... goats yes, but not dogs

Last edited:
At work I watched a dog poo out a lace underwired bra :D (I work at a vets)

:shock: Do you know with dogs if these objects usually work their way out naturally or if they often need surgically removing?

I'm just imagining the curves of the underwiring making its way through the intestines :mrgreen:

I did come across someone in the vets once whose dog had had surgery twice to remove stones.

I watched my lab poop out a dryer sheet once. It was completely whole, she just swallowed it apparently.:shock: It wouldn't come all the way out though so we had to pull it out :lol:

She ate/tried to eat so many weird things when she was a puppy up until she was a couple years old:roll:

It depends where the object is during the time of treatment usually. We see a lot of foreign body cases. Usually in labs, pugs an French bulldogs! We had a Labrador the other day that swallowed a large plastic ball and he looked like he was on deaths door and he somehow passed it during the night and looked like a different dog the next morning. We also had a pug in that had been vomiting intermittently for the past year and he had an ex lap (open up abdomen and have a good look around) and found a huge mass of black hair. Apparently he had been licking his owners hair brush!

Well, about a year ago me and my daughter were waiting to see the emergency vet when scarlett was poorly, and we could hear the vet speaking to a guy who had taken his poorly puppy in , the vet said "has he eaten anything unusual recently?" and the guy replied "well he did eat a pair of my boxer shorts" i looked at my daughter and she looked at me and we both started chuckling , then i looked at her and i said, "i can't believe he just said that!!" Unbelievable!!:lol::lol:

Much to our chagrin, Ebon will eat anything. :(
She has devoured harnesses almost whole. The longest wait of our lives was hoping that if any buckles were amiss they would pass without her needing surgery. Then finding they were cast off to the side of her pen underneath something else, so *whew!*
She took off with my OH's nasal spray once and that was a frantic night at the ER hoping she wouldn't crash and die on the spot. Once she gets something there's no taking it from her. (Luckily she only pierced the side and didn't swallow the whole bottle.)
My son was afraid she'd swallowed a rock he'd thrown for her to chase last summer. He got holy heck from me for even throwing a rock in the first place needless to say, but he and I have a problem with his level of common sense.

Jenna will sometimes try to snake something nasty off the ground (like grouse poop) and she tries looking all innocent but once you pry her mouth open the evidence in there for all to see. She is very ashamed afterwards. Makes me feel bad for scolding her. :(

At work I watched a dog poo out a lace underwired bra :D (I work at a vets)

I'm surprised she managed it! I wouldn't have thought the curvy wire would be flexible enough to naturally work it's way through the twisty bits of intestine and out the bum hole! :oops: sorry, bit disgusting :oops:

I watched my lab poop out a dryer sheet once. It was completely whole, she just swallowed it apparently.:shock: It wouldn't come all the way out though so we had to pull it out :lol:

She ate/tried to eat so many weird things when she was a puppy up until she was a couple years old:roll:

Ewwww! But funny when imagining having a tug of war with a dogs bum over a sheet :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a border collie years ago who ate a cassette tape (pre cd for all those too young to remember the joys of tapes!). He pooped it out and I had to help it along by gently pulling the massive lengths of poopy tape! So gross! He also once ate an entire prescription of contraceptive pill and hay fever pills (not at the same time!) but was unaffected as he wolfed the blister packs down without damaging them so was just opened up to remove them whole!

He used to eat anything and was often at the emergency vets late at night although never suffered any permanent damage - can't say the same for my bank balance!

Back