• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of large run/aviary set ups?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi all, does anyone have an aviary/walk in type run that you could share some pictures of? I'm just looking for ideas on how best to use the space as I'm planning a new shed (and fingers crossed - a quad!!) and walk in run. I'm actually planning on joining my current 2 runs together to make it walk in. The size will be 8x5.5ft x 6ft high. I'm thinking of putting decking tiles down over the whole floor of the run as experience with my current runs with grass haven't been great! As in they r now both mud, very dirty and one of my pairs makes big poop piles, always on the soil, which is hard to clean up and stinks! So I'm just thinking for ease of cleaning deck tiles may be the way to go! I'll then grow grass trays that I can put in. I'm also thinking of a digging area and wondered whether to make a box either across the length or width of the run (I remember someone on here has a great long digging box they made, I'm thinking along those lines) or a square box built into a corner, but I'm worried this will take too much running space away from them, what do u think? 8x6 seems huge til u start putting things in and u realise it's not that big after all! It's hard to get a good balance of creating interest and activity for them but not eating too much into the space. Last night I spent ages making a 3D scale model of the planned shed :lol: that too will be 8x6 but once I started putting things in it looked so cramped! I gave up in the end and decided I'm best just waiting til I get it :lol: Patience isn't my strong point when it comes to things like this tho... I'm too excited!! :D

Hi,
I'm in the planning stage of my aviary too!
The local shed man turned my corner gazebo into the new bunny shed, and now he is working on plans for my aviary.... So no pictures yet but will post when it's finished.
I posted a thread yesterday I think about my shed/summerhouse pictures in the housing section, titled bunnies moving up the property ladder, if you want to have a look.
I also posted a thread back a couple of weeks ago titled planning an aviary hints and tips, I got some replies and some photos from people, take a look.
Sorry but I don't know how to post a link to my threads, I'm a bit of a technophobe :oops:
Well both have to post our pics when were done!

Last edited:

This is mine, 8x6 shed and 8x8ft avairy attached, the avairy is screwed into concrete. We used corrugated heavy duty Perspex and slopped the avairy roof slightly, then it has guttering along the back for the water to run into which feeds into a water but. My avairy is 90% recycled panels from runs I had, only had to make one extra panel and the shed is also recycled.

Thanks for your replies :wave: The above looks great :thumb: I've looked at your posts too Karen thanks :) I have a bit longer to decide on the run set up as they need to bond first before I can be sure I won't need the hutches back! It's so hard to make decisions, it's all a bit trial and error isn't it! It's just a bummer that the errors tend to be a bit costly :roll:

rabbitary.gif

This is my walk in run, although not with a shed with a wendy house My boyfriend and I made it from timber that my dad had left over from the extension. its double meshed at the bottom and dug in at the grass end. It is built between the shed and the fencing for the compost heap (poor buns, it can get a wee bit smelly in summer, lots and lots of fly paper everywhere), but that was where I was told it had to go by my parents, but at least they let me have that much space! Hope this helps x

Back