• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crazy Biscuit

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
It's almost as if he's been released.

I caught him doing his first binky in over a year, he's doing mad bunny 500's, following me around like a puppy and generally being so bright - I assume he knew Ginger was quite sick and it was holding him back from life.

At the moment, he's staying single until after 7th April at the earliest (personal situation, im not in a position to change that, so please don't turn this into a single bunny thread) but right now, he seems so happy!

Thats excellent. I have seen that happen many times before, it must be a relief to you to, to know he is happy and coping just fine :)

So glad he is enjoying life :love: He must have been devoted to Ginger, but that doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself now :) Lady Jane is still single - but she binkies every day and flops and runs around like a loon :lol:

Good to hear that Biscuit is doing well. :thumb: What age is he? I think he is maybe the same age as my Spenser, who I think is about 4.

Biccy has loads of company - it's not like he is now living outside all alone. Hovis had to stay a single bun for quite a long time after he refused two bonds, until circumstances permitted me to try again with another bun. He was outside but could see my trio through the mesh - and eventually they all bonded themselves:)

Because I work long hours out of the house I don't like having single buns but your situation is very different and you and Biccy clearly have a very close bond. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to another wife when the time is right for you.

Sending him a gentle nose-rub:love:

I've seen this happen before with a couple of mine. My take on this is that I think they spend as much time as us caring and watching out for the sick bunny. So once they've come to terms with their partners death, it can be a gentle release for them too (Just like us) and they allow themselves the chance to move on and be themselves again.

Glad to hear he is doing well :D

aww good, i remember how worried u were bout him wen ginger was ill, so glad to hear this update. yay for happy bunnies!!! :love:

Glad he's feeling better!

I wanted to add some positivity for you on the single bunny point...Biscuit isn't sitting alone in a hutch at the end of your garden...you work at home, Joshua and Mrs L are around, I know it's nice to have bunny company, but he's not alone, he has people to play with when he wants/needs company. He was always your little mate anyway, so I'm sure he'll be fine until/if you are in the position to get him a wifeybun.

Noserubs!

:love:

Blss him, he sounds very happy. I have four single buns who won't or can't be bonded but they do see other buns and are very happy. Also when one of my disabled buns died it was a noticeable release for her partners. They held back and slowed right down to match her pace. So what Biscuit is doing sounds similar to my experience. Does Joshua see Biscuit?

When Frankie was with Estelle, he always seem to be rather subdued, happy, but also very supportive of Estelle particularly as she was such a 'deep' bunny.

Now he has Delilah as his hunbun.......what a difference. He is naughtier, livelier and I am seeing a totally different side to his personality.

It is wonderful how well many of them can adapt to changes in their lives. This is why I think that they are so remarkable.:love::love:

It is great to hear that Biscuit is doing so well.:love:

Benji was like that after Scarlett died, we had decided to bring him in as a house bunny and he is really happy he follows me round all day and nudges me if I'm not giving him enough attention:lol: He does bunny flops all the time and is soo chilled out, we wont be getting another bun due to circumstances, we know the perfect scenario would be to have another bun to bond with him but we cant do that, so we do our best for him and spend loads of time with him:love:

Back