• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing machine?

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Bit of a strange question - how do your indoor buns feel about the washing machine? I've been avoiding putting mine of since I got them a week ago because it's very noisy and vibrates the flat! They're not keen on the hoover although they didn't freak out as much I thought they might. It's an open plan living room and kitchen and they have free run of those rooms when I'm there. Should I leave them to get use to the noise and run where they want to or move them to another room?

They may be a bit spooked of new noises but they have to get used to them.

I would just put the washing machine on and let them move if they feel they want to.

Mine have never bothered with the washing machine despite some of them being distressed by the hoover. As long as they have hidey holes they can go if they are upset I would just put it on and let them get used to it :wave:

George and Violet are in the kitchen and cope well with the washing machine and hoover. To be honest, I've never even thought about it possibly being a problem:oops: After Gemma went to the Bridge and I adopted Violet, I used the machine as usual, without even considering she may be scared. That makes me sound an awful Bunny Mummy:oops: They do have their crate, which is covered with a blanket and they can go in there if they want to. They also have a tunnel, a box and a stool they can hide in/under.

My buns and cats are all very laid back though and live in harmony together. None of them seem bothered by fireworks or thunder either, whereas I hate loud bangs.

Hi :wave:
My buns are fine with the machine and they live in the kitchen. My bridge bun Rosie used to go and sit right next to it when it was spinning away :lol:

Kizzy will sometimes watch the washing machine as the clothes are going around. Noise doesn't seem to worry her from any of the house hold appliances even the hoover.

Thanks everyone. My two are still quite skittish at the moment. They don't like it when I fry things in the kitchen and opening the freezer sends them to the other side of the room too! Will have to put it on though or I'll run out of clothes! :)

they do get used to household noises, all our buns have got imuned to the hoover and we had one who would jump on and ride it while it was hoovering , if you have buns your hoover will be on a lot:D

Back