• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit care and health advice sections.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
There are so many new members posting in these sections, I know that I must make more of an effort to help.

Anyone else going to try and join in more?

Hopefully we can help and also make some new bunny loving friends.:thumb: Perfect.

Sorry admin and mods....a bit of a cross thread but good intentions meant. Please don't put me on the naughty step......;)

Last edited:
:thumb: I bow to everyone else's superior knowledge so not sure I'd be much use in giving out advice as everyone else as I'm still fairly new here :) but I'm making more of an effort to get involved in as many topics that I am knowable on as i can at the moment yes.

I know when I first joined I found the health sections invaluable.

:thumb: I bow to everyone else's superior knowledge so not sure I'd be much use in giving out advice as everyone else as I'm still fairly new here :) but I'm making more of an effort to get involved in as many topics that I am knowable on as i can at the moment yes.

I know when I first joined I found the health sections invaluable.

Hi, I'm sure that most of us joined RU to gain more information about the welfare of rabbits, and of course the best place to go is the....care and health sections. No doubt over time we gain confidence and join in with sections and ultimately make new friends.

Even though you think that you may not have much experience to share, your support can play a major role in helping people.

Enjoy.:thumb:

I try to look in these sections - even if I don't have the experience to offer advice, sometimes just sending vibes or expressing an interests is appreciated. :thumb:

Also, I get shot down in flames if I suggest more people try to help in Health or at least post in support of a worried Rabbit carer. I have been told people can post when and where they like. So I dont bother mentioning it any more. Well, except for the fact that I just have !!

Ditto, even though it can feel a bit 'head- brick wall' at times.......................

Can't it just! It is such a pity, because sometimes - when good advice has been given and ignored - the next 'help' thread comes along and you are left wondering whether there is really any point in replying.

I just wish people would have more confidence in their knowledge/abilities on here! I haven't had rabbits for a long time now, but I still try to help out.

Can't it just! It is such a pity, because sometimes - when good advice has been given and ignored - the next 'help' thread comes along and you are left wondering whether there is really any point in replying.

I think there's always point in replying if you are able to, as this could be the one who will listen, and who's rabbit you could save.

I think there's always point in replying if you are able to, as this could be the one who will listen, and who's rabbit you could save.

Very true and also , other people can search threads in the future if their bunny has the same thing and may take good polite advice even if the op appears not to :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Very true and also , other people can search threads in the future if their bunny has the same thing and may take good polite advice even if the op appears not to :)

This also :thumb:

It always take me back to my schooldays, where the teacher's I would respect and listen to the most, were the ones who had the patience with my not understanding or getting something, and not the ones who would just bark instructions at me.

You are right, of course.... which is why I still try to help.

I do feel particularly upset because advice which was recently given by a very experienced and highly regarded member was ignored, or even acknowledged. Had the advice been heeded, the sad outcome may have been very different.

You are right, of course.... which is why I still try to help.

I do feel particularly upset because advice which was recently given by a very experienced and highly regarded member was ignored, or even acknowledged. Had the advice been heeded, the sad outcome may have been very different.

But at the end of the day it is just advice and it doesn't have to be taken however well intended. We don't always know the full story we don't see the rabbit and how its behaving or know exactly what the vet said. I think in health especially people are upset and maybe don't explain themselves well.

I once posted straight after a rabbit was pts and was sobbing as I posted. I made a comment about a previously broken pelvis from before I had the rabbit but explained it badly as it wasn't an issue I was particularly focused on. But people on here picked up on it and took it completely the wrong way thinking I had left him with a broken pelvis. It completely snowballed into a hate campaign on fb where i was supposedly abusing our rabbits! All this over one badly written sentence within a long post. So I like to give people the benefit of the doubt every time. Because what is written is not necessarily the full story :)

I agree with Bunniemum and Hugo's There but there are too many posts to quote and give a :thumb: to. :lol::lol:

It might seem like sometimes you might as well bang your head against a brick wall but I think we also tend to focus on the negative and forget that there are lots of times when the good advice has been taken. As already said, the OP might not return to a thread or may appear not to have listened but they may reflect on the info at a later date and wish they had. If not, then the info is still there for anybody else who might be searching but not want to post their own thread.

I think this quote that Sky-O posted a long while back now is a good one too and it's something I try to bear in mind when I give advice because it helps me as much as the person on the receiving end.

The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right. Hannah Whitall Smith, 1902

I agree with Bunniemum and Hugo's There but there are too many posts to quote and give a :thumb: to. :lol::lol:

It might seem like sometimes you might as well bang your head against a brick wall but I think we also tend to focus on the negative and forget that there are lots of times when the good advice has been taken. As already said, the OP might not return to a thread or may appear not to have listened but they may reflect on the info at a later date and wish they had. If not, then the info is still there for anybody else who might be searching but not want to post their own thread.

I think this quote that Sky-O posted a long while back now is a good one too and it's something I try to bear in mind when I give advice because it helps me as much as the person on the receiving end.

I have Sky-O's quote stuck on the shelf above my computer - unfortunately I don't always follow it.

Back