• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did everyone else realise?

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
I honestly didn't realise how much I would love Poppy before I got her, how bigger part of my life she would become and how much of my time I would give to her!

I got her because I seriously missed having a pet and I was getting quite sad! I'd recently moved out from home where there are two amazing dogs who when I felt down I walked for miles or snuggled or moaned to. So I got Poppy but I never really thought she'd fill that gap in my life and take even more than that!

I just adore everything about her, the way she binkys over to me, the way she flops and waves her legs in the air, the way she licks her lips (I hadn't even realised she'd stick her tongue out!), the way she sits on my knee every night for cuddle and grooming time.....literally everything!

I'm sure my OH thinks I'm nutts when I tell Pops about my day or when I just sit and watch her giggling out loud but at the same time secretly her loves her too (he bought her toys and treats on Saturday to cheer her up after shed been to the vet!)

Anyway what I'm asking is did anyone else get a bunny without realising how amazing they actually are?!

I had no idea, I hadn't planned on having buns but I had to get my first out of an awful home.
I thought they lived in hutches and never did anything, was I in for a shock! :lol:

Other people don't believe how much fun they are and are always shocked when I tell them something funny or naughty my two did. My colleague was so surprised when I talked about playing games with them and having cuddles.

Nope :) I knew I'd love them and I'd done my research but did I know how playful/funny/charsamtic/wilful they were? Nope :lol:

So glad we have them. They inrich our lives so much.

The OH said something very similar the other day, he wasn't too keen when we got them and told me he wouldn't be having much to do with them but now is a complete bunny person. He thought they'd be abit boring and wouldn't do much :lol: He was singing their praises on their merits as pets the other day to his sister who thinks it's odd to have house buns. :love:

I had been winding my hubby up about getting a bun for ages but only playing, then my sisters boyfriends brother had a litter and she had 1 and I had the last one left :D

Stu is 2 in March and wouldn't be without him now :love:

Another two and I. Ow have a trio of boys :love: much to hubbies disapproval :lol: rabbits are addictive :roll:

I only got my most recent boy as a companion for my female rabbit, whose partner had died. His partner had also died and he was pretty lonely so the rescue were looking for a home for him with a partner. He has totally taken over our lives (even my OH who "doesn't like animals" :roll::lol:) can't resist him. He's just SO affectionate and loves to be made a fuss of :love::love::love: Aslo, due to the last year or so being really difficult for me due to other things, he has in a sense "rescued" me :D

Nope :) I knew I'd love them and I'd done my research but did I know how playful/funny/charsamtic/wilful they were? Nope :lol:

So glad we have them. They inrich our lives so much.

The OH said something very similar the other day, he wasn't too keen when we got them and told me he wouldn't be having much to do with them but now is a complete bunny person. He thought they'd be abit boring and wouldn't do much :lol: He was singing their praises on their merits as pets the other day to his sister who thinks it's odd to have house buns. :love:

I grew up with house rabbits so always knew really. But I remember my mum learning about litter training and space ect and her shock. I was 10, having a toilet trained rabbit running round the downstairs didn't seem odd to me! :lol: :p

My OH was exactly the same as yours though, he had zero interest in our first bun. For about 2 days then that went straight out of the window :lol: sadly Stripe died too young :cry: James was heartbroken, and surprised himself at how upset he got (his last pet that he lost was a dog when he was a child and had forgotten how much losing an animal can hurt)

We now have 4 buns and James adores them all, we bring Poppy into the bedroom every night for her dinner as otherwise Thor steals all her food and I normally leave her with James as I change water bowls and top up hay ect. I normally come back to find James reading and Poppy sitting on the pillows next to his head or actually on his head :lol:

I overheard him explaining to his brother about how wonderful bunnies were once :love::love::love:

They are such wonderful little creatures :love::love::love:

I have had bunnies as part of my family since 1995 and I am never failed to be amazed at how individual and wonderful they all are!!:love::love:

No idea. I've always loved cute animals, and had a big sense of responsibility (who are these people who "get rid" of a pet when they get bored?) but I didnt realise when I got Fidget when I was 19 that she would be with mr for 8 years, basically my entire adult life, through living on my own and away from family, and how heartbroken I would be when she died. I just got tears in my eyes writing that :oops::(. My heart drops when I see a little black bunny like her because I miss the little naughty madam so much. I'm sure my friends think I'm mental when I say how much she meant to me but I don't care.

I love dogs, but there's something special about bunnies. You have to earn their Trust in a different way and it's really special.

I grew up with house rabbits so always knew really. But I remember my mum learning about litter training and space ect and her shock. I was 10, having a toilet trained rabbit running round the downstairs didn't seem odd to me! :lol: :p

My OH was exactly the same as yours though, he had zero interest in our first bun. For about 2 days then that went straight out of the window :lol: sadly Stripe died too young :cry: James was heartbroken, and surprised himself at how upset he got (his last pet that he lost was a dog when he was a child and had forgotten how much losing an animal can hurt)

We now have 4 buns and James adores them all, we bring Poppy into the bedroom every night for her dinner as otherwise Thor steals all her food and I normally leave her with James as I change water bowls and top up hay ect. I normally come back to find James reading and Poppy sitting on the pillows next to his head or actually on his head :lol:

I overheard him explaining to his brother about how wonderful bunnies were once :love::love::love:

They are such wonderful little creatures :love::love::love:

Sorry to hear about Stripe :( it's awful losing a pet so young, especially when you make such a connection.

Yeah think the OH was smitten from the first binky :) No going back after that. Awww which my buns would come and sit with me :) they're normally to busy being naughty. OH makes me laugh when i catch him singing to the buns in the morning or after work. :love:

Back