• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Winter drinks her Dewlap is in the Bowl

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
I am wondering if this could cause anything and would it be a good idea to give her a bottle instead.

tonibun, I used to have an elderly bunny with a dewlap that would hang in to the water bowl...however I found a solution.:thumb:

I bought a set of the adjustable height dog bowls. The ones that sit inside an adjustable height frame. Over time, Barnaby my dear old bunny had his bowls almost level with his head as this made it so much easier for him to eat and drink.

I'm sure that most pet shops sell them, usually in the cat/dog section.

Best of luck.

We had a similar problem with Kerbie when they had the giant dog bowl. It seemed to be the depth of the bowl so we found a small (shallow'ish) serving dish type thing, no more soggy chin!

We tried to find one of the adjuster bowl things like Mrs Bunnykins but all we could find were massive ones :lol: So a shallow bowl is was!

Back