• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tilly's been spayed today :(

Kate1990

Young Bun
Hi everyone just would like if you could send some vibes Tilly's way :)
She was spayed this morning at abbey vets in Barnsley ( saw a few people recommended the vet on here as she's a rabbit savvy vet)
Just picked her up and got her home the vet said she came around very quick which is good I payed for all her bloods checking and fluid drip £110 heart sank ha ha probably not needed but they said everything came back fine so that's good :)
She's just in her straw house with her bum towards us think she's not my friend ATM and feeling sorry for herself :( just hope she has a speedy recovery and back to her normal self
Thankyou Kate xxx

Sending lots of recovery vibes. I don't have a girl rabbit, but from what I've read on here some take longer than others to recover from what is a fairly big op.

Has she eaten much yet?

Thanks guys :) no she hasn't eaten at all yet :( iv got her some parsley that's her favourite and a big bushy top carrot hopefully she will eat soon put my mind at rest :(

Sending lots of vibes for Tilly, hope she eats soon :thumb: when my girls were spayed I put on a spread of their favourite hay, readigrass, pellets and herbs, they soon started eating once the anaesthetic wore off :thumb:

Lots of vibes for Tilly. She'll probably sulk at you for a few days, don't worry keep giving her her faves and she'll soon be your friend again.

Just make sure she's eating, may take her a few hours before she'll want to just keep offering and eventually she should have a nibble.

Oh barnsleys not far from me so sending short-distance vibes

We had waffles done last fri and she's much much perkier now
First evening was just a lot of flopping, next day bit of nibbling alternated with long flops
Hope Tilly starts eating soon and doesn't worry you too much

Aww she is gorgeous! :love:

If you copy the IMG link the photo should be directly visible on the thread. :wave:

Aww she is gorgeous! :love:

If you copy the IMG link the photo should be directly visible on the thread. :wave:

Aww thank you I think so too my bf picked her because of her ears 1 up 1 down ha we thought they would have both flopped by now but they haven't it adds to her character ha ha xxx

Back