• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I be allergic to just one bun out of 6...

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Seems that I might be allergic to little Cheyenne - and ONLY Cheyenne. I love shoving my face into the buns fur and smelling them (yes- it is strange but they smell so nice - and they don't seem to mind:roll:) - but when I do it to Cheyenne the area around my mouth ends comes up in spots immediately and my eyes get very itchy. It is only Cheyenne that does this to me - even when I just kiss her little head lightly - up come the spots.

How can I just be allergic to the one bun - and why does it have to be Cheyenne who loves cuddles the most out the 6. :?

Just different kind of fur/allergens that they produce.
my vet is the same.
antihistamines not been working for you?

How strange...is she a different breed? I'm guessing different breeds have different fur types...

Piriton is amazing for all allergic reactions. If you ask in the pharmacy, they'll give you the generic version which is just as good but lots cheaper.

x

How strange...is she a different breed? I'm guessing different breeds have different fur types...

Piriton is amazing for all allergic reactions. If you ask in the pharmacy, they'll give you the generic version which is just as good but lots cheaper.

x

As it's the dust you will be allergic to not the fur (but longer fur can hold more dust) yes you can be allergic to one particular animal. You are probably mildly allergic to all of them and there is something about her that makes you bad enough to notice :(

The cheaper antihistamines just as good. My mum recommends the lidl ones (prob not in stock till spring though) they are sooo cheap but have the same active ingredient and are just as good a piriton but whereas piriton can cost about a pound a day lidl once are about 70p a pack! :shock:

I had the same thing with my bridge cat, Scratchy. No reaction to any other cats, just her. I guess she was just special :love:

And I love smelling cats and rabbits too :oops::lol:

x

Allergies are very often to the saliva the rabbit produces so a "licky" bun may be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Captain Helen says - she is 'special' :love:

Will just have to take antihistamines if I insist on shoving my face in her fur :D

I am allergic to Cookie but not really her sisters. Her fur does have a different feel to it than theirs though. I have to be careful when cleaning her & stop snuggling her in my pj's before bed as I was waking up not being able to breathe. I once got a piece of her fur in my eye and it blew up like I had been punched! I reacted badly within minutes of my friends long fur cat sitting next to me aswell and I never used to react to her. I couldn't even say a whole sentence I was struggling to breathe so badly.

I have an inhaler and am meant to be on daily anti histamines. I stopped taking them daily though as I thought it would be better to try and let my body deal with it. I am ok far more days now than I used to be. Plus now I have developed a side effect of the anti histamines that they knock me out. I didn't click at first as I have taken them multiple times with no issue and just thought I was super tired but we matched up to when I was taking them and when I was falling fast asleep at random times in the day. I was prescribed non drowsy ones aswell but the packet I was last given by the pharmacy was named slightly different than the ones on my actual prescription :?

I became allergic to albino rabbits and only them

End up in a right mess if I have a vet run with them in the car, always do that it will be ok don't need a tablet and then get told of by the vet for not taking one.

I thought it was maybe the no pigmentation that made a difference

Back