• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It must be disease

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Woke up to find Rolo dead :( Lost 3 rabbits in a week! 2 from a trio! All outdoor rabbits!

No idea what to do! I'm gona completely clean out the kennel and gona keep myself seperated from then as I can as I dnt want indoors to become ill.

Only Daisy left from the trio, if it is disease she will probably die to as it's to late to do anything now! Just gona clean everywhere and hope for the best :(

Are they all vaccinated and up to date? You really need to get a post mortem done for the sake of your remaining rabbits.

No I had just started saving to get them vax, I planned on getting them fully sorted for the spring

I cnt afford a pm! Emptied my bank account for a vet appt for crunchie.... Who died anyway :(

I'm so sorry. I think you should get Daisy checked out asap and probably a post mortem done incase its something like VHD.

I'm so sorry you lost Rolo :cry:

Were there any symptoms at all? Any blood? If they weren't vaccinated then VHD is likely, but coccidiosis is also a possibility. I would start the remaining buns on a course of Septrin asap and steam clean the environment and all litter trays, toys etc.

How is Daisy? Any weight loss? It's not too late to save her, but you need to get her to a vet today and get that course of Septrin started. Good luck xx

At the very least I would take Daisy to the vet and explain the deaths of your other rabbits. See what they would suggest (maybe antibiotics/vaccines?).
If you do nothing she could die :(

I agree you need to take remaining bun/s to the vets. Could it have been something they ate?

Daisy is fine and no symptoms from Rolo at all! I'm doin a full clean out whilst she is racing about the run, do u think Rolo cud of died because of missing Smartie! As they were a pair before the quad :/

Daisy is fine and no symptoms from Rolo at all! I'm doin a full clean out whilst she is racing about the run, do u think Rolo cud of died because of missing Smartie! As they were a pair before the quad :/

Trouble is, you say Rolo had no symptoms and he died, so the fact Daisy has no symptoms doesn't mean she's fine, you could wake up tomorrow and fine her gone as well :(

Why don't you phone your practice and ask to speak to a vet? They could give you professional advice on the best thing to do. It won't cost you anything to find out, and you don't have to worry about finding someone to get you to the vet. Get their advice and go from there.

I am sorry that you have lost another Rabbit :cry: Can I remind you of what I posted 2 days ago :

I am really sorry :cry:

I think taking your remaining Rabbits to the Vet for a check up today is pretty essential. Coccidiosis is one possible cause of the two tragic losses and this would put all in contact Rabbits at risk :cry: So a PM of poor wee Smartie is pretty essential too.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...sis-All-Rabbit-Owners-Should-be-Aware-of-This

In the meantime I'd do a thorough clean of the environment, removing every microscopic trace of fecal matter. Then a thorough total disinfection of the entire accommodation followed by a steam clean. You may need to house the remaining Rabbits elsewhere while everything dries out.

I really am so very sorry :cry: :cry:

Please, please consider getting a PM done on Rolo :cry:

Trouble is, you say Rolo had no symptoms and he died, so the fact Daisy has no symptoms doesn't mean she's fine, you could wake up tomorrow and fine her gone as well :(

Why don't you phone your practice and ask to speak to a vet? They could give you professional advice on the best thing to do. It won't cost you anything to find out, and you don't have to worry about finding someone to get you to the vet. Get their advice and go from there.

Yep will defo ring for advice ! No dout they will say bring her in tho!

Just noticed on the roof of the kennel is a layer I green like fluffy mould :/ never noticed it before !! Duno if that's any use or explanation :/

Oh god :( I am so, so sorry :(

Is there any chance of borrowing money from some one? I agree with all the others about getting a p-m done but obviously if you cant afford it then you cant afford it. Could you do a payment plan with the vets? How much even is a post mortem - i have no idea what sort of prices they are?!

You havent had new shed or hutch recently painted maybe :?

As they are all from the same group ?

Or even a new toy ?

Back