• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescued a woodcock!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Isn't she beautiful?! She was caught inbetween wire and a window in an unused stable, she was fine and flew off beautifully :D

You're much braver than me. I have a phobia about birds flapping and could never pick one up. Did this one bite you at all? The beak is enormous!!!

When the cats bring live birds in it's a nightmare trying to get them out without touching them. Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often. I think my cats are a bit too slow to catch birds!

You're much braver than me. I have a phobia about birds flapping and could never pick one up. Did this one bite you at all? The beak is enormous!!!

When the cats bring live birds in it's a nightmare trying to get them out without touching them. Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often. I think my cats are a bit too slow to catch birds!

my mums the same, only she hates seeing anyone touch a bird either, you could always try just popping a towel over birdy, then if you feel you can pick them up then.
or even scoot into a carrier, and then just lift the top off move towel and allow it to fly away.

shes a beautiful birdy :love:

Trick is to grab them quickly and makesure you hold their wings down in place! No she was very sweet :D shes nothing compared the huge Buzzard I caught on the road! Now she had a beak and talons on her that made me nervous! She was also a lot bigger and a hell of a lot more fiesty! :lol:

Beautiful bird! I absolutely adore Woodcocks, especially when they are roving! The noises they make are fantastic! :love:

Well done!

Well done! :love:

Just called my OH through to look - he's from Yorkshire, so nice for him to see a woodcock again.
(Had to preface the conversation with 'it's not a rabbit' :roll:)

Back