• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have they bonded after just 3 days?

Kitten_13

New Kit
So we've put Paddington and Poppy in conjoined runs so they can see each other through the bars but they sit on either side of the bars but next to each other. They seem fairly happy with one another and sniff and nuzzle each other through the bars. We werent planning on putting them together until after Poppy was spayed, but is it worth doing it now if they have indeed bonded so quickly? I just feel sorry for Paddington as all he does is sit and watch her and doesnt run around the living room like he used to - he's like a heartbroken man, and kinda pathetic!

I do miss Paddington following us around though, and Poppy is such a confident bun I was hoping she would bring him out of his shell a bit. He used to sit in the living room when we watched tv, but since Poppy has been here he just wants to sit with her, and I miss him! It's great that he likes her so much but it would be great to see them really enjoying each other's company. He is castrated but I know after her operation we might have to separate them so she can recover.

He sounds very happy to have another rabbit friend, and you have to be happy for him, it's the best thing for him. And it sounds like it will be an easy bond. One of my bonds was just like this, laying next to each other through the wire and when I did put them together there was no chasing, humping or nipping or anything.
Good luck, hope it goes well.

So we should put them together now then, rather than wait until after her spay and recovery? She's 12 weeks old so quite a bit smaller than him.

No don't put them together now, having no bars there is a different story, they don't bond properly until they are in together. I'd get her spayed and let her hormones settle for 4-6 weeks then bond them properly on neutral territory.

No don't put them together now, having no bars there is a different story, they don't bond properly until they are in together. I'd get her spayed and let her hormones settle for 4-6 weeks then bond them properly on neutral territory.

Yeah, I didn't plan to put them together until after her spay but seeing them both looking at each other so fondly I felt like I was in a bunny West Side Story! They will stay as they are as per the original plan. Paddington still just sits and stares at her, he even thumps if she goes too far away from the bars! I keep telling him to stop being such a wet blanket. Men, eh?

Yeah, I didn't plan to put them together until after her spay but seeing them both looking at each other so fondly I felt like I was in a bunny West Side Story! They will stay as they are as per the original plan. Paddington still just sits and stares at her, he even thumps if she goes too far away from the bars! I keep telling him to stop being such a wet blanket. Men, eh?

Haha yes I know only too well how tempting it is! :) I'm sure they will be great to bond but they would have to be separated as you said for her spay so ideally best to wait. Ruby and Teddy my two are waiting to be bonded, Ruby has been spayed, just waiting for her hormones to settle, she was very calm before her spay but reminded me the other day that shes still hormonal by humping my soft bunny toy :shock::lol: I'm under no illusion once I put them in together despite the postive signs they show with the bars between them that they won't stress me out through the bonding process! Think i'm more nervous now than when I did my groups of four!! :lol:

Back