• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep tight Sienna. PM results p 125

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Two of our single girls have been at the vets today for tests.

Betsey started drinking and weeing loads over the new year. Being older we first blood tested for kidney issues, all was clear. We then also sent her urine to the lab which also came back clear. So working on the assumption it was pain related she was admitted for a GA and full body x-rays today. She also had a quick dental. The xrays revealed tooth root elongation and spondylosis of the spine so all we can do now is give her pain relief and keep her comfortable for as long as we can.

Sienna has not been quite right for some time. A few months she had skull x-rays which revealed tooth root issues so was put on metacam and we hoped she would improve. But she still appeared to be in pain even when the metacam increased :( Today she also had a quick dental under GA and had an ultra sound which has unfortunately shown some abnormalities in her abdominal fat. So she has also had a U/S guided fine needle aspiration biopsy which has now been sent to the lab. It is causing her significant pain so its hard to be optimistic. She will be put on the very highest dose of metacam we can give her. Once the lab tells us what it is we can make the right decision for Sienna.

Add to that, that I chose today of all days to try to bond Eccles, the first two tries didn't end well so we are now on bond number three, and it has been a rather stressful day :(

Last edited:
Poor you :(. Having sick bunnies is always such a stressful time, I feel for you. And to add bonding to that as well is very brave :shock:.

Poor you :(. Having sick bunnies is always such a stressful time, I feel for you. And to add bonding to that as well is very brave :shock:.

Brave or stupid ;) I even tried to give Prudence a friend or two but she made it very clear she just wants to be left alone

Oh no :cry: sending vibes to Betsey and Sienna. Hope its 3rd time lucky with the bond :thumb:

Sorry to hear this. Let's hope the lab has some positive news x

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear things have been difficult for your girls, Liz. :(
And poor Prudence...she's decided to stay single then? :(
Sending vibes for all and hopes for a better day tomorrow. (((((((Hugs)))))))) xxxx

Yes I thank prudence is in pain so doesn't really want other buns near her. She seems happily bonded to her heat pad and gets lots of love from us.

Sienna is looking very uncomfortable and is only nibbling food. But i guess that's better than nothing x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Poor Betsey & Sienna :( fingers crossed for them both. And wow attempted bonding at the same time - hats off, you're very brave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sienna isn't great but betsey is fine thank you.

The bonding didn't happen in the end none of them got on. It started as a group of five then four then went down to two! Which still didn't work. Poor eccles :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Poor Eccles. I don't think I've seen a picture of him/her.
Are there more options?

Glad Betsey is doing well, and hope Sienna improves soon.

Back