• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Online rabbit care diploma's.

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

I was wondering could anyone point me in the direction of a good rabbit type course.... I have looked myself but only found a course that was very basic and dated looking.

I have a pet care diploma already from stonebridge but found the information to be terrible. I don't even know why I finished it, I guess I'm just stubborn.

Ideally I would like to study a rabbit course that has up to date information on care, similar to the info found on RU and also info on breeds and anatomy and physiology etc.

Is there any such course out there ? It would need to be online as I'm not in the UK. Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I found this, there are a few bunny ones :) I'm looking at the animal welfare one but not sure on the website, but it all looks pretty good :) I sent an email yesterday so I can find out some more.

I think it's the one from the other thread :)

http://www.animal-job.co.uk/animal-care-courses-2.html

Oh my goodness, I just had a look at this one and it looks perfect. Thank you so much to you and Elmoandfern :) I am really considering it as i think one day i would like to go into rabbit boarding myself when i have more space. I'm not sure if an english qualification will really stand to me here in Ireland if I want to officially work with animals but it cant do any harm. Keep us updated when you hear back from them wont you ?:wave:

I'd love to do something like this too:wave: of you find anything .......will you let me know?.:thumb:

What you think of that one Kirsty .... the rabbit welfare that is ? I saw the compass course before but it doesnt appear to be very indepth :? I am really tempted to do the welfare one though . I love the content :love:

Woohoo !!!!!!!!! I took the plunge and have enrolled on the course :wave: I'm so excited :D

Anyone else going to sign up and be my virtual class mate ?!!;)

Woohoo !!!!!!!!! I took the plunge and have enrolled on the course :wave: I'm so excited :D

Anyone else going to sign up and be my virtual class mate ?!!;)

Yaaaay! :p well done! Which one did you go for? I'd love to be your virtual class mate but I haven't got the money to spare at the moment :oops:

I'm hoping to enrol on one of the more broad small animal welfare ones once I've paid off a few bits and bobs, but do t know what level to go for...?

Oh my goodness, I just had a look at this one and it looks perfect. Thank you so much to you and Elmoandfern :) I am really considering it as i think one day i would like to go into rabbit boarding myself when i have more space. I'm not sure if an english qualification will really stand to me here in Ireland if I want to officially work with animals but it cant do any harm. Keep us updated when you hear back from them wont you ?:wave:

I'm doing this one as we speak :wave:

Yaaaay! :p well done! Which one did you go for? I'd love to be your virtual class mate but I haven't got the money to spare at the moment :oops:

I went for the rabbit care and welfare one (£399).

I had seen the compass one before and discounted it because the info seemed dated.. I liked that this one seems up to date and talk about bunnies needing space and that they shouldn't be kept in hutches.it also has legal / welfare module and anatomy and physiology among other subjects.

I will be starting in the next few days so will come back after I have completed my first module and update the thread ;)

I'm hoping to enrol on one of the more broad small animal welfare ones once I've paid off a few bits and bobs, but do t know what level to go for...?

Good luck with picking a course. They seem to have a lot of options don't they .... makes it even more confusing. But it's exciting too. Good luck :)

Oh and I chose a level 3 course but I'm doing it more out of personal interest , not even sure what the levels mean as we work on a different framework over here :)

:wave:

Luna & youthnovels how is the course going?
Do you think it would be open to foreign students?
How much of the course is strongly UK orientated?
There is nothing like this available in NZ, too smaller population.

:wave:

Luna & youthnovels how is the course going?
Do you think it would be open to foreign students?
How much of the course is strongly UK orientated?
There is nothing like this available in NZ, too smaller population.

Hi KB :) I started this week and have only received one module which is anatomy and physiology which I am loving so far. It is not super easy like some animal care courses but instead is challenging which I like and it grabs my attention.

I am in Ireland not the uk so would be in the same boat as you . The welfare /legal side will probably differ somewhat between countries but overall i think it will be a really good course to have under my belt :)

Sorry I can't be of more help but as I said I have only just started. So far it's a thumbs up from me. Feel free to PM me if you need to know anything else x

Hi KB :) I started this week and have only received one module which is anatomy and physiology which I am loving so far. It is not super easy like some animal care courses but instead is challenging which I like and it grabs my attention.

I am in Ireland not the uk so would be in the same boat as you . The welfare /legal side will probably differ somewhat between countries but overall i think it will be a really good course to have under my belt :)

Sorry I can't be of more help but as I said I have only just started. So far it's a thumbs up from me. Feel free to PM me if you need to know anything else x

Thanks Luna I will PM you :D

Back