• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 Indoor bunnies

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
Hey Guys! Long time so speak :) I've been very busy lately so sorry I haven't been on in a while to say hi and catch up with you all. Just as an update, my partner and I now own 6 bunnies :D (Now is a good time to skip to the bottom if you don't want to listen to me waffle on :p) We have:

Blossom - The female Nethi (Sable Martin)
Bella - Also female Nethi (black with Vienna genes)
Skittles - Female Mini Lop (Orange)
Alis - Female mixed breed (White)
Darwin - Male Lionhead Lop (Agouti)
And Freya - a Female Nethi (Siamese Sable) - Our latest rabbit who was an unwanted pet (god knows why, she's a total sweetheart)!

Unfortunately we lost Thumper during the hot weather last year :( and Oli also passed away not long after due to an internal problem he was born with. We haven't had much luck lately with male rabbits :/

At present, Blossom, Bella, Skittles and Alis all live together happily :) Alis isn't spayed due to health reasons, but they all get on fab thankfully. Darwin and Freya currently live alone, we're waiting on better weather so that we can get them both fixed. The plan is to get them all fixed (but Alis) in the summer, and hopefully, if they'll allow it, bond them all together so we have a lovely big group who all share a large amount of space.

Next year my partner and I are hoping to get a house together (excitingggg) as we should have plenty of funds for a mortgage on a nice 2 bed place by then. I'll happily let them live in the garden, but ideally would love to be able to interact with them more and have them live inside, or even use a "cat flap" method so they have access to one room and also an outside run/shed.

What are your experiences with a large rabbit group living inside? I'm picturing it manic, with lots of poos everywhere! But it is something I'm thinking about and need to weigh up if it is realistic or not using your opinions on the matter :)

Are they all going to live together in one group or lots of different groups? Maybe u could start trying to litter train them ? I have 4 buns but they live in 2 seperate rooms (2 pairs) . Its ok but be prepared to sweep and hoover alot ! Hay gets everywhere hehe

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Are they all going to live together in one group or lots of different groups? Maybe u could start trying to litter train them ? I have 4 buns but they live in 2 seperate rooms (2 pairs) . Its ok but be prepared to sweep and hoover alot ! Hay gets everywhere hehe

Hopefully they'll all be living together, it depends how it all rolls out when it comes to bonding I guess :) Thankfully they're all litter trained, Alis is a bit messy but I guess that is because she isn't spayed. How are they with hovers? I assumed hovers would be a no no due to the noise?

2 of mine hate the hoover but they just hide in their hidey house till im done and my other 2 dont mind it. Infact Ted likes to chase the hoover as im doing it haha.

Back