• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyones buns moulting?

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Has anyone elses buns started moulting? I think mine are - well, Cheyenne is certainly. She is about 5 to 6 months old now so could be losing her baby fluff (if buns do that) - but have also notice an increase of hair in Sheldons and Hollys hutch. They are all indoors and I haven't noticed a temperature change.

My Pixie is moulting currently , she's an outdoor bun. It always seems that she's moulting and changing colour! She has scruffy tufty bits at her rump. It's crazy :lol:

I'll try and get a picture later.

I think mine are. But tbh they seem to constantly be fluffy. When Levi was at the vets last week he left white fluff all over the black table. And when they were both at the vets in December to have their nails clipped they covered the nurse in fluff. I can't see any moult lines though.

My two ( indoor ) buns have been moulting for over a month now. I have to" pluck " Bobby twice a day and he loves it. I really do believe that they know we are trying to help them with their grooming :)

Rosie needs less help as she has super short hair !

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I have 3 buns and there seems to be always one of them moulting. Nala is currently moulting, i am always sweeping fur up, she is a lionhead lop so its more noticeable.

mine are house buns and this winter seem to have been in continuous moult, just when I got mabel looking all pretty, then she needed a good groom again, and sox is all fluffy but I love his fluffiness :love: :lol:

My Pixie is moulting currently , she's an outdoor bun. It always seems that she's moulting and changing colour! She has scruffy tufty bits at her rump. It's crazy :lol:

I'll try and get a picture later.

:lol: This is exactly what misfit is like at the moment. I have to refrain from pulling all the tufts out as she doesn't like it but it's so tempting!

Yes! Poor Lola sat so patiently while I pulled (softly) clumps of hair from between her ears - I bet it's been itching her madly!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pip looks terrible right now as she's blown almost all the back of her coat and there's tufts and fluff everywhere...it's been going on for months!
Mimzy too...really they look like someone's been chewing on their backs, there is no long fur there anymore.
Fiver was moulting but now it appears he's not. I can't get anything off him beyond a quarter sized piece on his right shoulderblade.

Mine seem to do this all year and I think it's because their circadian rhythms are off due to our weird daylight here. I hope they settle down when we're back in the states. :(

Back