• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

coldsores FAO JacksJane

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Exactly HOW contagious are cold sores to rabbits?
Would sleeping on a pillow and it rubbing on your face then be dangerous to snuggle with the buns or touching your lip then touching bunny or does it have to be DIRECT contact?

Do you have a coldsore just now?

if you do then i wouldn't let the pillow go to the buns.
But that's just me, my friend had a cold sore and i didn't let her cuddle her face into the buns and kiss them as she usually would have.
and i made sure she had washed her hands before stroking them when she had a cold sore, otherwise i didn't ask her to do anything different when she didn't have any.

I'd wash my hands and not rub my face on the rabbits, but I wouldn't worry about everything being disinfected or scrubbed. My mam gets them and is near the rabbits often, as long as basic hygiene is there I doubt there's a thing to worry about.

I would just avoid direct contact between Rabbit/sores and also make sure I washed my hands before handling Rabbits.

Nothing has come up do you think its safe to say it wont now and that its safe to kiss the buns?

I will just have to snuggle with them without my face on them. I normally snuggle right in to Jims and snoggle him, he loves it and purrs after every kiss on him lips and nose :love:
What if aomething happens to him and I havent kissed him?!

I will just have to snuggle with them without my face on them. I normally snuggle right in to Jims and snoggle him, he loves it and purrs after every kiss on him lips and nose :love:
What if aomething happens to him and I havent kissed him?!

I am not going to respond any more as that is OCD talking xx

sorry to hijack thread but... so rabbits can get coldsores? i never knew that! is it the same as human coldsores or is it worse in a smaller animal? i dont get coldsores myself, my curiosity has just been triggered lol :lol: am learning so much from this forum its awesome!!! x

Nothing has come up do you think its safe to kiss Jims now?
My poor boy is not feeling well and needs Mummy kisses.

Are you sure? or should I just wait till tomorrow?

Natsusakura has already given her opinion.

I really think you need to make this decision yourself, based on the information already given.

It will be of no help to you at all to receive further reassurance.

Are you sure? or should I just wait till tomorrow?

There is no point in asking and then questioning that persons opinion.

Doesn't seem like being here is actually doing you any good... You're OCD is not being helped by people offering their opinions. People's reassurances will not re-assure you, as is the nature of the obsession, your compulsion is to come here and ask, even though it won't actually help.

Aren't you meant to be in hospital or something getting help for this?

Back