• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training George

Lauraa03

Young Bun
I got George a week ago today and to begin with he was going to the toilet everywhere he had access to, which I expected. He has now cut it down to only going in the dog crate, which is his base, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to cut it down to only going in his litter tray?

He has a hay rack hung on the crate next to his litter tray, he can only get to it if he's in the litter tray

Have you put poops in the litter tray :oops:

Clear up what he does where they shouldn't be and keep dropping them in the litter tray :)

Im trying to litter train mable our new addition atm....short of getting her a nappy I dont know wot to do lol ! Shes pooing and weeing everywhere! My kitchen rug has been thrown out and in its place r old bath towels haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Some more stubborn buns benefit from having access to their favourite hay that they can eat while doing their business in the litter tray

Remove anything they may be tempted to wee on until they are litter trained ie rugs, mats etc....

Keep outing every single piece of droppings and soiled hay etc in the litter tray as quickly as you can clear up pee patches with something to get rid of the Oder so it dsnt become the place to pee (white vinegar and water is good for this) make the litter tray as appetising and appealing as possible

That's all I can suggest

Good luck

George is using his litter tray! I cleaned everyhing down, took the litter tray out of the crate and now he only goes in his litter tray! I'm so happy with him right now :D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Hi,
I had my rabbit for a week, too. Can you give me more information about how do you learn him to do his business in his litter box? Because my rabbit poos everywhere.I gathered here poops, but this doesn't work.How long it was to learn George to use his litter box?
*I think it's not a problem that my bunny is 3 or 4 months

Hi,
I had my rabbit for a week, too. Can you give me more information about how do you learn him to do his business in his litter box? Because my rabbit poos everywhere.I gathered here poops, but this doesn't work.How long it was to learn George to use his litter box?
*I think it's not a problem that my bunny is 3 or 4 months

Back