• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Definition of bonded?

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
For a uni project I'm studying social behaviour in bonded rabbits. I have to include a definition of 'bonded' but I'm not really sure how best to describe it.. I don't think I'll get away with 'bunnies who love each other'!

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it :wave:

Maybe something like 'When rabbits can share the same living space in a way that is beneficial to all rabbits in the group'.

And if we're looking at domestic rabbits being bonded, then there might be something in there about being able to be trusted being left unsupervised.

There might also need to be something in there about the rabbits 'reaching a mutually agreeable heirarchy' or something.

I think it means when a rabbit accepts another as part of their warren. You could also say social group. I wouldn't say love because not all bonded bunnies are that close, but they're still bonded.

I know that my local rescue would say a true bonding is one where both rabbits willingly interact with each other in a way to suggest they accept and even desire each other's company. If two rabbits are merely tolerating each other and not showing any chemistry, she's inclined to try again even though the two rabbits are, in a basic sense, bonded.

I'd say When rabbits cohabit their living space in a way that is mutually beneficial on a social, emotional and psychical level

Back