• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed bunny acting oddly

bunnyo1

Young Bun
Hi all,

My girl bun JC was spayed more than 6 months ago when she was around 1 years old...

however lately I've noticed her collecting paper/hay in her mouth as if she is going to build a nest (similar to her nesting behaviour before she was spayed) and I'm a bit worried.

Also, there is a bookshelf in the room my two live in and she keeps attacking the books on the bottom shelf, can anyone give any advice of how to try and stop her without having to move all of the books? (They aren't mine)

She's just being quite aggressive, even more so than usual pulling on my trouser leg, nipping more often and generally being a really high maintenance bunny at the moment! (She's always been a bit moody lol)

Cheers

It sounds like it's the time of the year. Even when some bunnies are spayed they still start acting hormonally at certain times of the year...I find some of mine start thinking about nesting but never quite make one if you see what I mean. As she gets older she will probably calm down a bit more. I hope you can sort something out to make it easier for you to live with her.

It sounds like it's the time of the year. Even when some bunnies are spayed they still start acting hormonally at certain times of the year...I find some of mine start thinking about nesting but never quite make one if you see what I mean. As she gets older she will probably calm down a bit more. I hope you can sort something out to make it easier for you to live with her.

Oh no! Lol. Thanks :) I was concerned about her. We are having a think at the moment

Back