• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alice at Windwhistle Warren, Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue, Gloucestershire.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
As many of you know, Alice Chamberlain runs Windwhistle Warren rabbit and guinea pig rescue. :thumb:

Alice is a wonderful lady and gives her heart and soul into caring for all the furry friends that she has at the rescue. Alice is a member of RU but very, very rarely has the time to join in. Bearing this in mind and how soul destroying her job can be at times, I thought that fellow members and particularly those who have adopted furry friends from her over the years could send her their best wishes via.........me, as I am off to help Alice for a day very soon.

This time of year, nasty weather, dark days can really get even the happiest of people feeling down.

So please feel free to pop some form of "Hello" on this thread, albeit from yourself, yourself and furry family or just from your furry family.

I will then print them off and take to Alice.:thumb: Hopefully this will bring a smile to her face.

Many thanks .....in anticipation. xx

:wave::wave::wave:

I'm going to give her a serious Hug when I pop over on Saturday, I know its been a difficult time for her recently but she is a very special lady and still manages to find time to help folks and give her love and attention to all the piggies and bunnies in her care - lol - not to mention the four paw brigade:D:D:D

Sending Big Hugs to her from Me, Bungo and Adorable Alicia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sending positive vibes Alice, keep up the great work you do with the animals and remember...

*You can't appreciate a Rainbow without the Rain*

Hello to Alice from me :wave:

And an even bigger HELLO :wave: from Minnie and Bentley. Minnie is a Windwhistle bunny (previously known as Princess Sparkles)

Minnie is at the front, Bentley is the one-eyed conti :love: Never have I seen two bunnies so much in love, they are inseparable. :love: Thank you Alice for rescuing Minnie and allowing her to come and live with me and Bentley.

Bentley%2520and%2520Minnie%252010.jpg

An update on Angel

We got Angel (black longhair) from Alice via RU (and a bunny run by LuceMarbles). Angel lives with my tripod Vimto. They are inseparable - but Angel is the boss. She still isn't overly fond of being groomed and her big fuzzy feet can be lethal weapons - but she now has a lovely coat and no knots - ever. She still loves to run round all the time and we get mugged on an evening for fenugreek crunchies. Without her, Vimto would probably be on his own still as he has been very unlucky - every other rabbit he had contact with has taken chunks out of him - even through bars. It was love at first sight with Angel and they look out for each other. Here's hoping for a long and happy ever after.

Thank you, Alice, for trusting us to look after her.

Alice......I think you do a wonderful job, where would the bunnies and guineas be without a kind hearted person like yourself :thumb:

Your one in a million :love:

I've had two bunnies off Alice in the past and she looked after my two - George and Hazel over Christmas.
Great job Alice & team, thank you so much!

Fiona.

:wave::wave:

Hello Alice. I am a long way away, but have fond memories of two sponsor rabbits, Lettie and Nutmeg, who I think came from Windwhistle. Now both at Rainbow Bridge, but thank you for helping them to a forever home. :love:

:wave:... People like Alice are Angels on this earth.....:love:

You are a little star..

Fee x

:wave::wave::wave: Hello Alice. I run East Peckham Guinea Pig Rescue and Alice has helped me in the past and I had the pleasure of meeting her when I was involved with a large bunny run at the end of last year. A nicer lady you couldn't wish to meet :D

Yeah, I am bumping this up......like it or not...but Alice as well and many.many other wonderful people care for furry friends.

Unashamedly bumping this up.

Buttons and Flake have boarded with her on a couple of occasions, when we go away we always feel relaxed knowing that they are in good hands and being well looked after :wave:

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes. I am sure that Alice will appreciate every single one of them.

Rescues and sanctuaries do a fantastic job however I am pretty sure that by seeing some virtual appreciation from time to time will help lift their spirits.

:thumb:

Back