• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Show me your "soul bunnies" :)

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
As many of you know and understand, willow is my life:love: I love all my pets in different ways but willow is very special........we have a bond.......he's my soul bunny, a term I learnt from my good friend schez :wave:

I'm not sure why he's so special, maybe because he came into my life just before I became ill and everything went belly up.......I have a feeling we would have had this bond anyway :love::love:

So show me your soul bunnies ......... And if you can tell us why they are your soul bunnies :wave:

I don't think I'll ever be able to fill the gap that Eli left. He just cheered me up every single day. He was such a character; really outgoing, the clumsiest bunny I've ever seen, and so affectionate. He felt like home.
75502_10152043385369363_562770009_n.jpg

and I know she's not a bunny, but I'd be surprised to ever have a bond with another mouse that I had with my Inca. She was just so smart, totally unafraid of anything and one of the few mice to actually watch you, look in to your eyes, and try to get your attention.
548179_10151275066004363_462849346_n.jpg

I always think people are nuts when they say things like this, but with both of them it was like they'd lived for far longer than they'd been alive.

Bluebell :love:

n765045787_7104703_3813485.jpg

We battled with his illness for a very long time and my greatest regret is that I wasn't with him when he went to the bridge and didn't get to say goodbye. :cry:

My pretty Princess Mylo :love::love: She's going away to be bonded in a few weeks, I'm already feeling lost at what I'm going to do without her!

And my piglet, Joey. He was my main man for 7 years, I still miss him and his squeaking :love:

Aw there's some lovely photos......and ALL GORGEOUS :love:

But.......I'm crying! This has really choked me up, especially those have gone to the bridge, we all know its going to happen......but.......we can never be truly prepared :oops:

My first soul bun was Fiver - £5 from a pet shop on Christmas Eve 2002. My best and fluffiest boy who jumped away from the vet to lick my hands as she was about to put him to sleep six years later.

Bette Currants :love:

She came to me via a large scale rescue of cats and rabbits from a man who kept them stacked up in sheds. I had three carriers with me and took the oldest buns - as I turned to leave I saw her little face looking down at me from one of the top hutches.

I promised her I would go back for her which I did :love:

She was spayed vaccinated and bonded with a succession of husbuns - Stanley, Charlie and Merlin, but she adored people and came to her name.

Love you millions Bette - hope you are being good up there and not eating all the strawberries :love:

DSC00280.jpg

Cheyenne is my soul bunny - I just get that feeling that she loves me as much as I love her. She follows me around like a dog, will come when called, snuggles into me when picked up, and is SO relaxed and trusts me so much. She is such a naughty little urchin - but so loving with with it. She has now taken to launching herself at high speed from the floor onto my lap - and settles down for some mutual grooming :love: I love this little girl so much - I love all my rabbits, but Cheyenne is special.

I know you shouldn't have a favourite bunny, but from very early on my mum teased me that Levi was my favourite and although I denied it strenuously I think that he is. He's just such an affectionate wee bunny, he licks me constantly and has done for nearly the entire time I've had him, he's never in a bad mood with me and I just love him to pieces. He is my flooofy little Levi-loo. I joke that I think he thinks he's a dog :)
image_zpsd29a1d5f.jpg

Herbie :love:

He was my dental bunny. He didn't have a good tooth in his head and throughout his whole life he needed lots of special care and very regular dentals....every 4-6 weeks but in the last couple of years of his life his dentals were every 3 weeks. Despite his problems, we shared 7 very happy years together.

He passed away in January 2012, it was the worst day of my life. It was a loss from which I don't think I will ever recover, no matter how many years pass. He is in my thoughts every day, I still cry over losing him, I miss him and the special bond that we shared. Herbie will always be the love of my life. :love:

Herbie%2520asleep%2520under%2520chair.JPG

Herbie%2520closeup.JPG

This is my soul bunny. Toffee.
I rescued her from a local animal shelter, and when she came to us her eyes just looked so sad. :cry:
She is absolutely blooming mental. Last night she jumped onto a box that I had put down to try and stop the buns getting down the side of the sofa, poked her head over the settee and then promptly fell off the box :lol:
It took her so long to come out of her shell, but she is getting there slowly. She even headbutted my face last night when I stopped giving her strokes. :love::love:

I think we all know who my sou bunny is - My Dexter !!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love: I've never loved anyone or anything as much as I loved Dexy. I'd have walked on fire for him, if the vet had said we could save him, but it cost thousands, I'd have done it somehow. When he died, part of me went with him. It's always there, bubbling under the surface. He loved me as much as I loved him, he licked me constantly, any body part his tongue could reach got a good wash. He lived more in my arms than in his cage. I still miss him dreadfully, he's my baby boy, my soul mate, my reason for living. He was the first "thing" I've ever loved totally and completely and who loved me back whole heartedly and unconditionally.

I don't know whether to describe Badger, Blueberry and Blackavar as soul bunnies as I feel it's disloyal to poor Dexy, but I love them all very much too. Badger looks very much like Dexy and is fluffy and cuddly like Dexy. Blackavar is so loving, he follows me everywhere and loves kisses, cuddles, nose rubs and any form of affection whatsoever. Blueberry is an inquisitive little guy, he's loving in his own way as he'd prefer exploring than cuddles, but he still accepts them and licks me occasionally as does Badger and Blackavar.

MissSherwood89, I know I say it all the time, but every time I see your Princess, it hits me just how much she reminds me of Dexter. I'd love to meet her one day.

Oh goodness I'm not sure I should of started this thread.......I can't stop crying!:(

So much love for such special bunnies.......I wish all rabbits were as lucky

Such beautiful heart felt stories and photos:love::love:

My Sydnee. He went to the bridge on September 9th 2013 :cry:
We just had a connection, I've never had that with any other pet of mine. He was so special and I'm happy I got to spend 9 years with him.
I miss him so much.

Back