• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loose/stray Rabbit in Redcar help/home needed

dextertherat

Young Bun
*REDCAR*

Hi I know this is probably a long shot, but, I've just been contacted by a lady who works at a vets. One of their customers has been in contact as her neighbours (who used to breed rabbits and by all accounts are not very nice people) have just let a few of them go. This is the 3rd in a fortnight. 2 of them have been caught and taken to the vets a week ago where they are looking for a home. However, the vets are unable to take the 3rd (which isn't caught but has been roaming the 'wild' garden for a few days apparently) they are only a small vet practise and do not have the space so the only thing they could do would be to put it to sleep. Obviously nobody want this to happen but she's asked about (as have the vets) and nobody is able to offer it a home/rescue space. I'm unable to take on another rabbit as mine have a temperamental bond and so couldn't have another outside and I can't have an indoor bunny as I have 4 dogs. From the description it sounds like a medium sized harlequin.

If anyone can help, please let me know. I'd be willing to help catch and transport the bunny. xx

Where's Redcar? I have an outdoor hutch and attached run I could temporarily keep bunny in whilst s/he found a new home. I don't think I could keep him/her long term, but I'm willing to provide a temporary home if it saves poor bunny's life

Your so kind hearted Sarah :) I hope something can be done to help the poor bun x

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Where's Redcar? I have an outdoor hutch and attached run I could temporarily keep bunny in whilst s/he found a new home. I don't think I could keep him/her long term, but I'm willing to provide a temporary home if it saves poor bunny's life

Redcar is in the North East, near Middlesbrough. Not sure if thats too far for you?! I'm willing to help with Transport but not sure I could do the full journey as I can't leave my other animals for more than a few hours.

Hi,
I live in redcar and I could offer a temporary home (outdoor hutch) but I don't have a spare run. I could fashion a temporary one from a fire guard if needs be, so could really only do this quite short term.
I have four buns already so couldn't take on another one permanently.
I maybe could help try to catch it tomorrow morning if I can get someone to look after my little boy.
Where about in redcar was it last seen?

Hi,
I live in redcar and I could offer a temporary home (outdoor hutch) but I don't have a spare run. I could fashion a temporary one from a fire guard if needs be, so could really only do this quite short term.
I have four buns already so couldn't take on another one permanently.
I maybe could help try to catch it tomorrow morning if I can get someone to look after my little boy.
Where about in redcar was it last seen?

Hi Karen

I'm trying to find out a few more details at the mo. My contact is the lady that works at the vets so she's trying to get hold of the lady who lives next-door to the loose bunny to get more info etc. It would be amazing if you could take him/her temporarily. Hopefully we'll be able to get him/her a forever home quite soon after. I'll let you know as soon as I get any more info....thanks again x

I live in Boro (about 15 mins away from Redcar). I can offer transport, and a very temp home, if needed. I have an empty wendy house, but I could only look after a bun for a few days. x

I really hope this little bun isn't out in the open fending for himself, it'll be the second night it's dropped below zero here, I'm so worried about it. And there is a fox out and about in the Ings/mickledales area, it was in my garden a few nights ago trying to get my buns! Luckily my buns thumps woke me up and I scared it away.
Hoping for a good news update, fingers crossed.

I really hope this little bun isn't out in the open fending for himself, it'll be the second night it's dropped below zero here, I'm so worried about it. And there is a fox out and about in the Ings/mickledales area, it was in my garden a few nights ago trying to get my buns! Luckily my buns thumps woke me up and I scared it away.
Hoping for a good news update, fingers crossed.

:wave: Just heard from vet lady. Apparently it hadn't been seen for a couple of days but is now in another neighbours garden and they hope to have it caught very soon. Sorry for the lack of updates but its difficult doing it through a 3rd party :roll: Hopefully I'll have a positive update soon

:wave: Just heard from vet lady. Apparently it hadn't been seen for a couple of days but is now in another neighbours garden and they hope to have it caught very soon. Sorry for the lack of updates but its difficult doing it through a 3rd party :roll: Hopefully I'll have a positive update soon

Fingers crossed he/she is rounded up. Must be a struggle for him/her to survive, although, this mild weather has probably made things easier. There are a lot of wild plants growing still. x

Back