• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Base for an indoor playpen

jay1977

New Kit
Hi folks, need some advice, am currently using a graden sheet as a base for my bunnies indoor play pen, problem is he has started to chew it after demolishing it's seagrass ball in short order,

one is the garden sheet safe for it to chew? (its poo's etc are fine and seem's fine in himself) and what would people reccommend to protect the carpet and make it easy for cleaning

thanks

I don't think that the garden sheet would be safe to chew, he could swallow some and it could cause blockages. You could try using Lino, if you had a piece that was larger than the pen then he may not be able to chew it, you may be able to get a free or cheap piece from a carpet shop, local independent ones seem to be very amenable to giving roll ends out :thumb: hopefully someone else may have some other ideas for you :thumb:

Has he got access to lots of rabbit safe toys, chew toys especially, and unlimited hay? Rabbits very quickly get bored and then start destructing things to occupy them!

I don't think that the garden sheet would be safe to chew, he could swallow some and it could cause blockages. You could try using Lino, if you had a piece that was larger than the pen then he may not be able to chew it, you may be able to get a free or cheap piece from a carpet shop, local independent ones seem to be very amenable to giving roll ends out :thumb: hopefully someone else may have some other ideas for you :thumb:

Has he got access to lots of rabbit safe toys, chew toys especially, and unlimited hay? Rabbits very quickly get bored and then start destructing things to occupy them!

Eta just found this thread, has some ideas on there http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?407876-Indoor-playpen-base

My girly is moving inside very soon and I'm getting Lino to protect the floor in her bedroom. I would imagine a plastic sheet isn't very safe for a bunny to chew :D

Back