• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UK Pet Insurance

Bindi

Warren Scout
I am looking into Pet Insurance for at least one of my rabbits. I’ve never insured any of my pets before so I was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations.

The rabbit concerned is a year old, already neutered, micro-chipped and in good health. He will be bonded with another rabbit (are there any who do a discount for insuring a second rabbit as well?)

I’m investigating Pet Plan at the moment and have got to the Quote stage… to be honest I’m not sure what I’m looking at! (I think I need “Pet Insurance for Dummies”)

Thanks.

If I'm honest, I just go with the one with most recommendations. I'm with Pet Plan and would recommend them :) They do the multi-pet discount.

Thanks :) I immediately thought Pet Plan but I thought I'd ask as the most well known ones aren't necessarily the best! For all I knew I might get replies going "God no, not them, their policies are good but they didn't pay me a penny!"

(I actually just tried to get a quote for my 19 year old cat for a laugh, to my surprise I got one lol)

If you only insure one rabbit and then later want to add the other, can you still get the multi discount?

If I made a claim, presumably they up my monthly payment? Has anyone got experience of that?

Last edited:
Thanks :) I immediately thought Pet Plan but I thought I'd ask as the most well known ones aren't necessarily the best! For all I knew I might get replies going "God no, not them, their policies are good but they didn't pay me a penny!"

(I actually just tried to get a quote for my 19 year old cat for a laugh, to my surprise I got one lol)

If you only insure one rabbit and then later want to add the other, can you still get the multi discount?

If I made a claim, presumably they up my monthly payment? Has anyone got experience of that?

yes as long as the first pet insured with them is kept insured then you can add others later dates, the amount you pay stays the same if you make a claim/or not in that year :wave:

the only time ive hear it increases is when your pet is 5yrs old

Back