• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mable has passed her full body mot !

lauralittleninja

Warren Scout
Took my newly aquired rescue bunny mable to the vets today for a full body mot. She has a clean bill of health...shes had her nails done , been vaccinated and given a small dose of panacur and is booked in for a spay . Now I just need to get her nibbling more hay and toilet trained .
Any tips for toilet training a bunny thats clearly never had any proper care b4 ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

aww that's lovely news! lucky ted :love: no expert here, but did have litter trained house rabbits growing up. i guess providing a tray with hay in it is a start, hopefully she'll chew and poo :lol: maybe cover her surface in something washable so she can pick her desired toilet area?

i can't wait to find a wife for neville x

Thanks for the reply :) At the mo iv put a litter tray in with hay in it but she seems to sit in that all say and get out and poo next to it. So I moved the tray to where she poos and now she poos the other side lol. So I have now put in 2 trays either corner and a blanket in the middle for her to sit on but shes still sat in the tray . I think it will take some work! Im pleased she has no health issues anyway :)
When do u think neville will have a girlfriend?

Thanks for the reply :) At the mo iv put a litter tray in with hay in it but she seems to sit in that all say and get out and poo next to it. So I moved the tray to where she poos and now she poos the other side lol. So I have now put in 2 trays either corner and a blanket in the middle for her to sit on but shes still sat in the tray . I think it will take some work! Im pleased she has no health issues anyway :)
When do u think neville will have a girlfriend?

maybe she's leaving droppings out as a territory marking? since i put down some new mats etc for neville's hocks he's been leaving droppings on them! i think because they're 'new'.

he's going to be neutered in early feb (i'm going to book it tonight) and the rescue i've been talking to says two wks later he can meet some ladies. i'm going to go for a bonding service as i don't think i'd be confident enough to do it!

Yea mayb shes scent marking a bit. I think she has just got used to running along a pooing as she goes haha.
Thats good that neville will b neutered soon although my vet advised a 6 week recovery period for ted as the testicles can take up to 6 weeks to stop being fertile. So maybe 2 weeks might b ambitious for nevilles date? Lol

Yea mayb shes scent marking a bit. I think she has just got used to running along a pooing as she goes haha.
Thats good that neville will b neutered soon although my vet advised a 6 week recovery period for ted as the testicles can take up to 6 weeks to stop being fertile. So maybe 2 weeks might b ambitious for nevilles date? Lol

i thought that myself, but two rescues have said it's not a problem. i'm still seeking advice on that as i don't in any way want to risk a bond falling apart or any sort of injury. or pregnancy for that matter? did your vet mean that he could still impregnate a doe? i thought they removed them :shock:

Yes he means they can still impregnate a doe. I actually know someone who had there buck neutered and he managed to get the doe pregnant after a couple of weeks . When I had frank neutered I was told to wait 4-6weeks before he met betty. And my new vet has advised 6 weeks with ted. The hormones that make them randy and territorial take a fair while to die down aswell .
We have ted and mable in the same area but penned off from each other so they can get used to smells etc but they wont get their paws on each other for a fair while yet :)

Haha yea mayb b on the safe side . Its hard waiting thou ! But we dont want any babies happening by accident :)

Back