• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have re-bonded :)

luna

Mama Doe
I posted a while back about how myself and Rosie May were struggling to get on after I bonded her with Bobby and I am delighted to report back that our relationship has much improved and she has become much less destructive. Yay :)

She now licks my hand every day (although I suspect this might be more to do with soap and glory hand food than me ) and follows me around. Because Rosie is behaving much better herself and Bobby are getting more free range time and I am really enjoying their company when my son is off at preschool .

I put us getting on better down to myself too .... I had to change my attitude and start being a little more patient with her as I think she was picking up on my negativity. This definitely didn't help.

I really missed how we got on when she was a single bun but I am happy now that I seem to have gained back her trust and affection and love her to bits. Anyway just thought I would share the good news :)

Here is my beautiful little Dutch friend Rosie :)

4atazezu.jpg

samurumy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
aww so lovely to hear shes come back to you now her bunnymoon phase is over!!! :lol: shes a beautiful bun and so is her partner, they look so funny together with his lion lop funky hairdo and her sleek dutchie fur - super cute couple :love: :love: :love:

Aww thank you :)

Yeah I am glad she has come back to me and they are a funny little couple. Rosie is always grooming Bobbys mane but she manages to leave him looking like he has been dragged through a hedge backwards. Bless :)

lol the same happens with my lions, the mane seems to stick to the tongue so wen the otherbun pulls away it comes with them :lol: ends up flopping forward in all directions :love: they are the scruffiest little things but i love it! also such fun to style the mane, my friend has a 6 yr old daughter that comes round here just to play bunny hairdresser!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehe ... I know exactly what you mean. Here is a before, during and after of Bobby being groomed :

uqe6usyh.jpg

e3u7abyp.jpg

puny5uta.jpg

.....his mane was perfect beforehand .....but not quite so tidy after. Oops !!!!! And she leaves his ears funny too :) poor Bobby !

shes just rearranging it so its to her liking lol! my buns like to do that with the quiff in my hair too, only problem is they tend to put the front paws in my eyes to get there!!! :lol:

Im on my computer now and can see you bunnies . They are so beautiful :love: Thats so cute that they groom you !!!!

That is lovely news. It is wonderful to see 2 buns bonding together - but sad as well when you lose your own bond with the bun in the process - obviously it does come back, but I think one has to accept it will never be quite the same. Your buns look so great together - even if she isn't such a great hair stylist :D:thumb:

Love these pictures and so pleased for you.

I have such a soft spot for Dutch bunnies, my first ever bunny was a beautiful Dutch doe, also called Rosie :love:

There is a picture of her in my signature.

Ok... I actually giggled like a little girl when I saw those pics... :lol::lol::lol: absolutely fantastic! It was the the way she had left his ears like that too but Bobby just doesn't look as if he's reacted... Maybe just a sigh of: oh, she's done it again...

:lol:

Lovely news that you've regained your bond with Rosie. :love::wave:

That is lovely news. It is wonderful to see 2 buns bonding together - but sad as well when you lose your own bond with the bun in the process - obviously it does come back, but I think one has to accept it will never be quite the same. Your buns look so great together - even if she isn't such a great hair stylist :D:thumb:

Yeah it's hard when you lose them to a partner but obviously very heart warming to watch their little bunny interactions. I'm lucky that Bobby is still friendly and snuggly :) he is my little soul bun x

Love these pictures and so pleased for you.

I have such a soft spot for Dutch bunnies, my first ever bunny was a beautiful Dutch doe, also called Rosie :love:

There is a picture of her in my signature.

I must have a look at your Sig when I'm on the computer,I can't see it on my phone. Rosie is my second Dutch, she has such a quirky little personality :) do you find dutches have a lot of energy ? Rosie never stops and poppy was the same. So much energy !!!!

Ok... I actually giggled like a little girl when I saw those pics... :lol::lol::lol: absolutely fantastic! It was the the way she had left his ears like that too but Bobby just doesn't look as if he's reacted... Maybe just a sigh of: oh, she's done it again...

:lol:

Lovely news that you've regained your bond with Rosie. :love::wave:

I know schez, myself and my husband are in stitches nearly every day with the state she leaves him in. Bobby is so dopey and lazy that he often falls asleep with one ear in the air like that !!!

We are convinced that like a typical wife she is trying to change her husband.in this case she wants to turn him into an up-eared bun.lol:)

abuby3u4.jpg

bless that is so cute!!! love how dopey and "whatever" he is about her styling activities :lol: they seem like a really well matched pair :love:

Thank you :) they are a very good match indeed. They are both flopped out now on their Ikea bed gazing at each other. Well I think Rosie is doing the gazing and Bobby is comatosed!!! Hehe :)

I must have a look at your Sig when I'm on the computer,I can't see it on my phone. Rosie is my second Dutch, she has such a quirky little personality :) do you find dutches have a lot of energy ? Rosie never stops and poppy was the same. So much energy !!!!

I had Rosie back in the 80s. She was the friendliest rabbit I have ever had. Although her hutch wasn't big enough (by todays standards)and she lived alone and unneuteted, we knew no better then, she was a much loved family pet. She had the run of my parents garden, she was full of energy, doing laps of the garden, she easily cleared 3 ft fences to get to neighbors vegetable:D.

She was allowed indoors and would leap up onto a lap and flop out for ages being stroked.

Everything I've learned since joining this forum screams that she wasn't looked after properly, but she was obviously happy from her binkies and the way she groomed us all.

Her hutch may have been small but she wasn't neglected.:love: and she lived to 8 years old

Its the only 'plus' I can think of now of getting a baby bun, they get used to loving hands.

My 2 now are rescue buns and I adore them but they're definitely bunnies buns.:love:

Back